…and a little non-eye-candy ;o)
First, the questions:
When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
- Uhmmmm….last spring, I think. Maybe winter, before I had a blog. I taught myself – I googled ‘knit socks’ and went with the set of directions that popped up and made the most sense. (I have a tendency to teach myself things – I learn well from books and it’s hard for me to sit through a class. I tend to get bored easily) ;o)
What was your first pair? How have they “held up” over time?
- My first pair were made from some kind of nubby cotton yarn that I found in Michael’s. They were knit on size 7 needles and I still wear them from time to time, but they’re pretty much slipper socks. They’re also ugly as sin…
What would you have done differently?
- Not used ugly-ass nubby cotton yarn…
What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
- Lorna’s Laces and Socks that Rock are my two top favorites. I also like my own handpainted ;o) OH and my absolute favorite pair of socks are knit from Mountain Colors Bearfoot – LOVE that stuff ;o)
Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
- Magic Loop all the way, baybee! (I also don’t crochet – actually, I don’t like to crochet and avoid it at all cost)
Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
- Short row – you use way less yarn and you’re done WAY faster than that annoying PITA the heel flap ;o)
How many pairs have you made?
- I’ve gone and lost count…I think 11 or 12…
Now, remember how RR went to a fire call the other night? I wanted to share with everyone just how absolutely filthy he is when he gets home from a structure fire:
…and he smells, too ;o)