ETA: I’m enjoying your stories so much I’ve decided to leave this up for another day – you have until Midnight Tuesday (EST) to leave a comment/story to be entered in the drawing. (I’m also too exhausted to write a good post – I was up ’til 3am yesterday trying to get my comments to email to me…then found out that WP won’t email comments that you leave yourself…duh!)

Welcome to the new JessaLu Knits! I decided to move to a shorter url and, since I was moving anyway, to begin using WordPress as my blogging platform. I love Serendipity but it has its limitations. Those of you who link to me, my new link is http://www.jessaluknits.com (see how easy that is? I’m just happy I don’t have to remember how to spell ‘courtesans’ anymore *g*). ;o)

So, as I mentioned, it is my blogiversary! I’ve been doing this for two years now, can you believe it? As they say, time flies when you’re having fun ;o) I’m so glad I started doing this in February 2005. It has brought me great joy and great friends (who can also be great enablers) and it has challenged me to ‘up the ante’ with my knitting. I see the beautiful work that you all do and it motivates me to do better. I’d like to thank you all for your readership and your friendship over the past two years – and I’m looking forward to many more!

To celebrate this momentous occasion I decided to have a contest – and since it’s my blog and I like to be amused I decided to pull out my favorite meme from long ago (I don’t remember where I saw this last year, I apologize for my faulty memory):

If you read this, if your eyes are passing over this right now, even if we don’t speak often, please post a comment with a COMPLETELY MADE UP AND FICTIONAL MEMORY OF YOU AND ME. It can be anything you want–good or bad–BUT IT HAS TO BE FAKE. When you’re finished, post this on your blog and be surprised (or mortified) about what people DON’T ACTUALLY remember about you.

Whomever leaves a comment (THOSE LEFT WITH a fictional memory will be entered twice) will get their name put into a hat for either a skein of sock yarn or a hank ‘o roving – winners choice :o) What are you waiting for? I can’t wait to see what you ‘remember’ about me!

p.s. If you post this on your blog, let me know!

p.p.s I’m still adding stuff to this new place – I’m sorry for the buttons and links that are still missing…

p.p.p.s. You also don’t have to change your RSS feed bookmarks – Feedburner rocks!

40 Responses to Welcome! (and happy Blogiversary to me…oh and a contest…)

• Michelle says:

Wow, I love your news digs, brown and blue, YUM. Happy Blogiversary, Jess, looking forward to another bloggin year.

• Christine says:

Happy Blogiversary, I like the new look, very chic. My favorite unmemory of us is that time we hit up the NH Sheep and Wool festival last year. Remember the rain? We were soaked, but it was a good time.

Okay. Remember the time we went to IKEA and you bought so much stuff that it wouldn’t fit in your Jeep? And then we had to tie the big things to the roof and when we were driving on the highway it blew off the top of the roof and then we had to get out – on the highway – and pick everything up because you insisted that you weren’t just going to leave it there? Remember how then we both got hit by a car and wound up in the hospital with broken legs? And we couldn’t do anything but lay in bed and knit for, like 3 months? Yeah. That was fun.
    Happy Blogversary, Jess. I’m glad we’re friends.

• Ragan says:

Love the new look! Happy blogversary to you! I have an actual memory…I remember you leaving the notes to your daughter taped up…because she failed a class. Heh heh.

• Ragan says:

Ok now, lets see…the meme memory…
    have to give that one more thought and come back!

• Amy says:

Love the new look.

I remember the day that we met. We were in jail doing hard time for shoplifting (yarn, of course). You gave me the idea to open the shop. You said,”if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em!”

Amy

Happy Blogiversary!!!! Your new blog is very pretty. :) So, remember the time we went down to NYC and decided to audition for Broadway? My goodness, I sang so poorly I almost brought them to tears. But your voice was incredible!! If only you could dance, you would have gotten the lead for sure. But when you tried that fancy dance move, fell off the stage, and broke your leg, it was all over. I told you, when people say “break a leg” they don’t really mean it. :)

• Sarah says:

Love the brown and blue! Happy Blogiversary!

I tried really hard to make up a memory, but I’m still not awake and my brain is not working.

Happy Blogiversary! It’s been great getting to know you. Love the new blog!

Ah, Jessalu, do you remember the first time we met? It was hot and sunny and I just melted out of my poor mini van to come greet you. You were wearing that batik print skirt in pinks and greens. As I walked toward you, holding massive amounts of roving and yarn, i somehow managed to catch the toe of my boots in a crack in the sidewalk (right in front of a Starb*cks, of course) and land smack dab on my back. I was admiring the gorgeous blue of the sky as it rained yarn and roving all over the sidewalk. After you managed to collect yourself, we went yarn catching while all of the muggles in Starb*cks gawked. Yeah, I knew you hadn’t forgotten that. ;)

Happy Blogiversary, this was fun!

• Cheryl says:

Love the new layout! And happy blogiversary!

• Cheryl says:

I love the new Layout! And Happy Blogiversary!

Happy Blogiversary, Jess. It reminds me of that time in college when we checked out all those library books to spell out “Happy Birthday” to John–remember him–in the middle of the lawn. Of course, the librarians were furious when they found out, and it hadn’t been particularly smart of us to use our own library cards, but John sure was impressed, remember??

• scout says:

Looks good!!

• Kimberly says:

Happy Bloggerversary (or whatever way it should be spelled) to you! Hmmm, I am not sure what to write but here goes…

What a great time we had at Mohegan Sun with Stephanie Pearl-McPhee! I think the best part of the day was when we hit all the yarn shops and ate for free at Cheesecake Factory (thanks to restaurant manager’s admiration for the Yarn Harlot).

How’s that one? I call it the “Wishful Thinking” post. :)

=:8

• Chrissy says:

Happy Blogiversary!!

• SpaceCase says:

Love the new look! Happy Blogiversary!

Remember that time when your computer broke down, but you really wanted to do a post about that really pretty roving you spun up, so you came over to my place and tried to use my computer, but then it broke down, too, so we ended up driving around for hours looking for that internet cafe so we could get that post up? I still go there for coffee sometimes.

• Melissa says:

Love the new look. Happy Blogiversary!!
    Do you remember when we decided to get together and knit at the mexican restaurant? There was 2 for 1 margaritas and the workers decided that it would be hilarious to refill our glasses with straight tequila and see what we would end up with on the needles? I still have my sock/scarf/washrag….do you still have your sweater/shawl/bag?

Happy Blogiversary!!

I’ll never forget when I met you, last Spring.

We pullout out ALL of your yarn – I had brought mine in my trunk – and we made a HUGE pile in your living room. We sat on top of that pile, like queens, and knit Jaywalkers until our sides ached from laughing.

Good times. Good times.

• Crafting Jen says:

Happy Blogiversary, Jessalu!

I’ll never forget the day we first met. My husband and I had taken a day trip down to a mall in Massachusetts. After wandering the stores for a while, we headed over to the food court – a huge, 3-story atrium, with a glass roof and trees and everything.

We were having a wonderful lunch (I always get Chinese from Panda Express – I love a nice orange chicken!), when suddenly we heard the unmistakable sounds of a woman completely freaking out! I looked over, and recognized you from your blog photos – I guess you hadn’t expected the food court to have such a high, vaulted ceiling.

“Ohmygawd!” I told Gryphon, “that’s Jessalu! I’ve got to help her!” Dashing over to you, I introduced myself as I helped guide you towards a corridor with a lower, less freaky, ceiling.

To his credit, Gryphon rolled with the weirdness and followed along. Once you’d calmed down, we all decided to leave the mall and go visit a local yarn shop, where the ceilings would be normal and there would be soft, fuzzy things to stroke. As I recall, we found a great basket of yarn on clearance, and we both busted our budgets a little buying Malabrigo and Kureyon!

Heck. I don’t know if my comment got thru. my screen said DONE but the page was completely blank!

I don’t want to post the same memory so I’ll give up this one.

The time we went to Rhinebeck. It had rained so hard, the night before, that when you jumped out of the car your boots got stuck in the mud. I got out to help you and MINE got stuck in the mud, too! Then you tried to move and, in slow motion, fell flat on your face – feet never moving. We laughed and when we finally got you out of the mud, we had to take you to the sheep pen and hose you down.

You were a real trooper. I’ll never forget it!

Happy Blogiversary! And I like the new place.

Do you remember that time we were drag racing on the NY Thruway? Yeah, you couldn’t believe my little Hyundai was actually keeping up with you, AND giving you a run for your money…betcha didn’t know I let you win ;)

• christine says:

Hey, great new blog! Love the decor!!! AND Happy Blogoversary!!

Remember when we rode our motorcycles to Daytona Bike Week, and got matching tattoos to commemorate the experience? And, remember that you won the wet T’shirt contest? Do you still have that tattoo?

• I love the look of your new blog!

I am so glad you remembered me telling you to switch to WordPress – it’s the best!

• amanda says:

happy blogiversary!

remember that time we decided to cross the atlantic on the titanic? and we falling down, sleep for 18 hours straight, drunk? and we saw that boy leonardo standing on the railing saying he was king of the world? and then we beat him up until he screamed like a girl and admitted he was really the wuss of the world? fun times!

Did you forget that you were supposed to purchase fiber last weekend?

Happy Blogversary!

• Kim says:

I love the new look!

Remember that time we did that thing and you said to me, “I can’t believe it!” and then we laughed and got on different subway trains….?

Happy blog birthday Jess!

Remember that time we went to the farm to learn how to shear sheep? We laughed when the sheep actually looked mad afterward because of the bad haircuts. I don’t know why you thought it would be a good idea to shave your own head though to make them feel better.

• heather says:

Happy bloggy birthday! Love the new look – hope you haven’t got sick of hearing that yet.

Hmmm…a memory, well I can’t say that it is just mine, but really, all of New England’s actually [thanks channel 7 news!]. Who could forget the time that you single-handedly put out a fire of a 3 story building by throwing yarn at it. The fire-retardant affect of the wool doused the flames, allowing all those inside to escape. While a sacrifice in yarn stash-dom for you, it was for the greater good.

• Elinor says:

Happy Blogiversary! Remember how on last year’s blogiversary we went out to coffee and ate muffins for hours? How many did we manage, three each? They were big muffins too. The blueberry was my favourite, though I did like the corn muffin with raspberry.

• Donna says:

I checked on my bloglines account and I’ve been reading your blog for 1 year, 2 months! I know for a fact that I decided to make a yahoo avatar because I love yours.

My new blog address is above. But, I haven’t made any of the improvements you have! It looks great.

Happy Blogiversary! We started blogging practically at the same time two years ago, which leads me to my memory of you and I hanging out at the local Starbuck’s, drinking tea, knocking back lemon scones, and musing on just how much roving could fit in an average closet. I said 100 lbs, but you thought that if one was really creative with spacesaver bags, you could pack twice that.

• michelle says:

Remember that time when we went to Vegas and ran into George Clooney in one of the casinos, and he told you knitting made him hot. Yeah, me too.

Happy Blogiversary – and I love the new layout. Mmmh brown :)

• Anne says:

Ah, I’ll never forget meeting you in the line at Rhinebeck to buy Socks That Rock yarn. That line was amazing! We laughed, we bonded, we told people the end of the line really was about 100 yards behind us, met the Harlot. Next year, same time, same place?

• margene says:

Oh, I love this and might just post it for my birthday celebration next month!
    Congrats on two years of blogging. The new look is great and so is the shorter URL;-)

Remember when…
    We were in Beverly Hills walking along Rodeo and you wanted a cup of coffee. We went into a little boutique coffee house and sat knitting, drinking coffee and chatting up a storm. It wasn’t long before Johnny Depp showed up and asked us what we thought we were doing knitting in public. He was adamant that we stop and threatened to call the cops on us! Then in walked Julia Roberts with a whole entourage of knitters and she told him to leave us alone. We spent the rest of the afternoon knitting with many of Hollywood’s rich and famous.

• Julie says:

Happy Blogiversary. I like the new look too. :)

• Ramona says:

Love the new look. Happy Blogiversary! (a couple of years ago I had never heard of a blogiversary)

• Heide says:

Why dahling, your new site is da bomb. I’ll never forget the first time I met you… It was a dark and stormy night. We were newly weds on our way to celebrate our honeymoon when our car broke down (damned bumper sticker curse). Off in the distance we saw a house so we struggled through rain and wind to safety and shelter. We knocked on the door only to have it opened by a rather large, white haired butler. He ushered us in and there we met the rest of the house staff. The maid with wiry red hair made both of us nervous, but she was nothing compared to the doctor who actually owned the house. His head was huge and he wore lingerie. Oh wait… none of this really happened. There goes my cross-wired brain again mixing up Rocky Horror with reality. But the bumper sticker curse is real.

Darn. Missed the contest but wanted to wish you a happy blogday anyway! Love the new look. :)

We sat in the shade of the banyan tree, fanning ourselves with the remnants of our sandals as our dropspindles remained rooted in the sand where they had dropped. Your yarn was prettier than my yarn, and you were comforting me as I cried.