….it can be good for the soul – until your wheel annoys the hell out of you, that is ;o) Apparently now my plying head has issues. I swear I didn’t put a sticker on the thing…ohsh*t I did. I put a piece of Velcro on it…sweet sticker sandwich can’t a girl decorate ANYTHING?!?! *sigh*autumn_singles.jpg

Anyway, I did do spinning with my regular head (er regular spinning head, that is…okay maybe my own regular head is spinning a bit these days…I may have made another somewhat large purchase. NOT roving so don’t get you’re hopes up. Ya vultures. You all have to wait just like me for another week or so to find out what it is…) and finished spinning the 4oz of autumn color merino/tencel that I purchased at the Vermont S&W fest. The picture doesn’t show the shiny as much as I’d like, hopefully once I have it all plied together I’ll be happier with the pictures of the finished product. This stuff is soooo shiny and soooo soft and soooo pretty! I’m double-plying it and am hoping to have enough for a scarf or small shawlette. Keep yer fingers crossed!favorite_socks.jpg

I also finally received my very own copy of Favorite Socks which I will be perusing very soon – can you believe I haven’t cracked it open yet and I got the mail at 9pm tonight (after going out to dinner)? Actually, now that I think about it…I gotta go.

But first, I have big news! HUGE news! Life-altering news! I can’t believe I haven’t already told you guys! Dobby passed Driver’s Ed!! You know what this means, right? Let me know if you’re traveling through Western Mass and I’ll let you know if she’ll be on the road at the same time…I mean, she’s gotten better at using her brakes…kind of…so you don’t have too much to worry about…I think. ;o) The best part?  This means that RR and I won’t have to pick her up from work at 9pm anymore! How awesome is THAT??!?!?!

Also, I feel I need to clear up my last post just a teensy bit. Apparently I wasn’t clear enough in describing how I fixed the hole problem. I did try the darning, I truly did. However, I couldn’t make it look like anything less than complete ass so I ended up ripping and reknitting the toe. Thankfully, the hole was above the pattern in the plain part of the toe so it wasn’t a big deal at all. I’m really sorry if I mislead anyone – I didn’t mean to be unclear about it… if you want to know the truth, RR is a little upset since I made him take like 40 pictures of me ripping it and I didn’t use even one of them. Good thing I’m knitting him a pair of socks, eh? ;o) (pictures of those coming soon!) G’nite all!

17 Responses to aaaahhhh….spinning…

• jessie says:

AH, the license! What freedom (for you and RR, I mean). My older stepson resisted until the spring of his SENIOR year. I think he enjoyed the power of making us run around after him all the time, I really do. His younger brother got his license at 16, which we felt was actually a little too YOUNG.

But we have been able to stay home nights now for over a year, and it doesn’t suck.

Only my daughter is getting older….

Congrats to Dobby. But especially to you and RR.

Hmmm. Congratulations to Dobby? We’re happy, right? LOL
    And I’m so jealous that you have the sock book. I pre-ordered from Amazon and they say it won’t ship for a month. Grrr.

Am I supposed to congratulate Dobby or send commiserations to you, RR and everybody else ;-)

• Whoo Hoo Dobby! And congrats to you and RR for making it through the process!!
    OMG – sorry to hear about your spinning trouble – damn those sticker gods are a vengeful bunch. So bitter.
    Oooh that book looks excellent. I will be waiting to see what gems you create!

• michelle says:

I have that same fiber in the stash waiting still for me to pick it up. Can’t wait to see how yours turns out.

Yeah for a new milk runner in the house :)

• amanda says:

i remember getting my license. i became the household whipping girl and had to run umpteen freakin’ errands. just in case you needed new torture ideas: send her out for milk, prep H, tampons… you get the idea ;o)

• Congrats to Dobby! I’ll be interested to hear what you think of that book. Is it just a reprint of sock patterns from the magazine? If so, how many of them are ones you recognize as being from recent years?

• margene says:

Sounds like a good time to live in Utah;-)

Can’t wait to hear about your big buy. My big purchase today was more knitting needles. Your spinning looks great!

• Congrats on the new driver in the family! Your singles look divine. I can’t wait to see the final yarn!

• Melissa says:

Congrats to Dobby! :)
    I was kinda confused about the toe too, makes much more sense now.

• Donna says:

Your yarn is beautiful! Sorry for the wheel problems. My daughter will not drive. She could have gotten her license last year, but she’s afraid to drive. We’re hoping she’ll consider trying this year. Yeah Dobby.

Um . . . congratulations???

• Elinor says:

Yay! A liscence! Oh, how liberating it is to drive myself around. She’ll get the hang of lane width soon enough. I’m much better at that now than I was earlier. =D I want that book. And the yarn is pretty. Good wishes to the new driver! ^_^

Beautiful handspun! I’ve been eyeing that sock book myself. Can’t wait to hear how you like it. Congrats to Dobby for passing driver’s ed!

• Kimberly says:

Does this mean that we can’t walk on the sidewalks when Dobby’s on the road? ;)
    =:8

To Dobby: Congratualtions on passing!
    To you and RR: Better you than me…

Hey, you need to fold soon on this fiber diet of yours…I think the date I picked is coming up.

Damn it. I meant… Congratulations! They need to put a spell checker on these comment boxes!!!