…six by the time most of you read this.

That is the amount of time that needs to pass before I’m able to buy fiber again. This past week has been particularly hard because while updating my links I saw that you can buy batts off of the Grafton Fiber site. Now don’t hurt yourselves clicking over there and try to leave some for me, k?

There was also the little update at Knitterly Things that included a crapload of roving…and there’s still some left. How do I know this? Because I spent 20 minutes drooling on my keyboard before I came to my senses and closed the browser window.

I won’t even mention the weekly updates from Amy…or that evil helpful Karen reminding me of them (I remember a couple of emails from the just as evil helpful Cynthia too)…ohwait, I just did ;o)

So I did what any other person on a fiber diet would do if they had three pounds of dyeable roving and 126 packets of Kool-Aid. I made a mess of my kitchen.

Now, after my day of fun with flavors, if you were to visit my kitchen you would first be hit by the unmistakable scent of cherry, grape, strawberry, blue raspberry and pink lemonade. Next you would be blinded by the roving hanging in my window. It smells like a third grader threw up and looks like clown poop.

Lovely.

You probably want a visual. Don’t say I didn’t warn you…

clownroving.jpg

On the plus side, I’ve known absolutely hideous roving to turn into breathtakingly beautiful yarn. Keep your fingers crossed, k?

19 Responses to Seven Sleeps…

Be strong girl, your doing great! I like the colors of the roving. I can’t wait to see it all spun up!

You just *had* to include the links didn’t you? *droooool* ;) That roving doesn’t look too bad. It will be an interesting spin for sure!

That’s some freaky looking roving! But you had fun and you know those colors will get all muted when you spin it.

• Devorah says:

Squidette wonders why you didn’t drink the Kool Aid. Don’t worry, I straightened her out. I like the colors — you will get some really pretty yarn out of that. If you don’t like the way they look together then you can separate the colors before spinning.

Have fun!

• Julie says:

Can’t wait to see what that looks like spun up!

• Rosa says:

You’re right, what comes out very odd color combinations tend to spin up into great yarn. And what a clever name, “Clown Poop.” I am also on a self imposed fiber diet–so you are not alone.

Only one week left??? You can SO do it!!

That went pretty fast! How about going for longer ;-)

• Manise says:

I love your description of the roving! Quite the olfactory and visual experience! Enjoy spinning up the tie- dye roving.

Btw-where do you get your kool-aid from ? I can no longer find in individual packets and virtually only one or two flavors/colors. My supermarket looks at me like I have 4 eyes whenever I ask for it.

I’m sure it will be great!

I think it looks great. I can’t wait to see it spun up. Can’t wait to start dyeing again, either. C’mon, warm weather!

• Kathy says:

How fun! I really want to dye up some roving — haven’t tried it yet. Can’t wait to see it spun up!

Wow, I can’t believe it is almost over. It went by really fast for me. :):) I wonder if there will be any fiber left anywhere next week for the rest of us?
    I wasn’t suppose to say anything, but Amy said she is going to have the best update ever this week…. in case you don’t think you can make it. ;)

• Absolutely no sense in judging the yarn before it is spun. I can’t believe the various looks it goes through in the various stages. It looks one way after dyeing, another after predrafting, yet another after the singles and even a significant change again when it is plied. It’s crazy! I can’t wait to see it! :-)

Just hang on until Wed. Or did I have Thurs.? ;)

I won’t mention the glorious roving on ebay from Franquemont Fibers. “grin”

• Melissa says:

I’m sure it will turn out to look great. Hope you get your fiber fix soon.

Hey, I was just trying to be helpful…

But the roving looks great, and I can’t wait to see how Clown Poop spins up. Which is a sentence I never thought I’d type.

• The clown poop comment is killing me!
    Congratulations! Look at how well you have done not buying any fibre! Have you cleared some space on your credit cards for April?
    In the meanwhile, can’t wait to see what you can spin with your roving.

Clown poop. LOL!!!