…overflow status.

04-24-07-009.jpg

I can’t even hide it from RR anymore – I’ve taken to just leaving it on the counter in the Kitchen since I’ve filled up all my storage bins and if I buy any more (bins, that is), Dobby won’t have any room to play the Playstation. I’m actually hoping that if I cover enough counter space RR will believe me that I just don’t have enough room to cook and we need to order in every night…so far it’s not working, but I’m not giving up hope ;o)

Here’s a close-up of what I have begun to call ‘the pile’:

04-24-07-018.jpg

From Left to Right we have BFL from Spunky in ‘Kites’ and ‘Pink Lemonade’, a silk/merino blend in ‘Mermaid’ from a store on Etsy (sorry, can’t find the link right now), and a hank-o-roving from Pippi in ‘Duval Street’ (links to Spunky and Pippi to the Right under ‘Stash Enhancement’)

Also, I had a request for a close-up on the spinning:

04-22-07-014.jpg

This is BFL from Lisa Souza in the ‘Emerald City’ colorway. There’s about twice as much on there now ;o) I’m planning on Navajo Plying it to try to keep the color changes together.

That about sums it up for now…oh wait, we also had some excitement in the neighborhood yesterday:

04-24-07-001.jpg

Late morning I heard this really loud humming noise which seemed to be coming from the house across the street (the one that just got sold and is being remodeled). There were a bunch of work trucks over there so I didn’t think anything of it. A few minutes later I looked over there and saw the ‘officer on duty’ (aka PO) checking stuff out – and then RR’s fire pager went off (the one he leaves at home so I can keep tabs on him). This call was directly on the heels of two other calls on our street/road so I’m sure the guys were thrilled. The first person to arrive was the Chief in his personal truck, then Jim aka ‘Hummer’ got there in the Rescue (a souped-up Suburban) and two seconds after that RR pulled up in the ‘big boy’ truck – total surprise to me and a very happy one since I don’t get to see him driving the BAF (Big *ss Firetruck) like, ever. RR jumped out, yelled ‘hi’ to me and then yelled, ‘you might want to start unplugging stuff…?’ Needless to say, I took off into the house at a run – I unplugged my laptop first, THEN the TV and everything else. Hey, I’m a girl who has her priorities straight. ;o) After all the trucks arrived and parked and the PO commandeered my driveway, about six guys stood around with extinguishers and watched while the main electrical line into the house sparked, smoked and pretty much went off like a line of firecrackers until finally, 30 minutes later, there was a great big BANG, a puff of smoke and the wire fell off the house. Then the brush NEXT to the house started burning. Exciting times.  About 45 minutes after the first call went in, the electric company FINALLY showed up and shut off all of our houses so they could make sure the line that set the brush on fire was dead and unhooked. 15 minutes later, life was back to normal. Well, except for the guys working across the street, that is. I wonder who lost the coin toss to call the owner and let her know that one of them almost burned her house down while drilling through the wall to install a phone line…poor bastard.

21 Responses to We have reached…

• jessie says:

Good times!

You may need a fiber intervention. There are many festivals coming up, you know.

Nothing like a little excitement in the neighborhood!

Beautiful fiber enhancement!

Be honest! Would you have purchased all you did if you hadn’t been on a diet? I’m still looking at the silk and linen I purchased after my yarn diet and wondering WTF ;-)

Thanks for the pic of Emerald City. Gorgeous! And they’re my favourite colours!

• Amy says:

I love the Pink Lemonade. Can’t wait to see what that turns in to.

Amy

• Rosa says:

Well, I just love all the fiber. If only there was a way to get our significant other to find the same thrill in the fiber. Lovely!

• Melissa says:

WOW! Exciting stuff over there!
    The fiber is all gorgeous. I wouldn’t know where to begin. Don’t you just love the Emerald City colorway? It’s one of my favorites. (Have you saw the newest LS colorway? Blueflame? *swoon*)

Yummy! You’re going to have to be back on a fiber diet in no time. :)

Yikes. That’s pretty scary.

And the story of the electrical mishap isn’t bad either.

• amanda says:

Talk about a nightmare! I’d have used very colorful language if I’d just bought a house and before I moved in had that kind of problem.

BTW, your pile is inspiring!

• scout says:

Wow…..that’s some excitement for yah!

Well, I guess I’ll have to get to CT S&W early to beat *you* to the fiber. Just do me a favor and tell my husband how much you have. He’ll feel ever so much better about my small (in comparison) stash.

Sounds like you had a fun day in the neighborhood! To bad no pic of RR in the truck! (Yes, I feel like a 5 year old asking for one)

That is a little too much excitement–but at least it wasn’t YOUR house!

Yummy looking fibers! Nothing like a little excitement in the neighborhood too. I remember seeing an electrical transformer explode as I was driving down the road in the ‘burbs of Buffalo one time. Talk about scary! It even made that crazy noise like in a cartoon. Glad it wasn’t your house!

That is quite the exciting happenings! I wouldn’t want to be the one to make that phone call either. Sheesh.

• That all sounds pretty exciting!

Another week or so and I think the “can only eat out or order in” thing should work like a charm.

You going to MD S&W? :-)

• Beth S. says:

Hey! I met you today. :-) That was one hell of a Flower Basket you were rocking.

Hope to see you again soon!

• Oh man – what a production. Good thing the electricity people were so quick to respond. Sheesh. Glad there was no big house fire – THAT would have been the worst phone call.
    Love the Pink Lemonade and the Emerald City.
    How much fun are you having? The order-in plan seems a good one. More knitting/spinning time that way. Best of luck!

• Judy says:

It was good to see you again yesterday. Wish I had thought to ask you about your adventures with your website.

• ragan says:

Wow! Amazing that it took the electric company to respond…all the fire trucks etc…and they still took 45 minutes.
    and…Holy Roving Batman!

• Helen says:

Holy Cow! That was some excitement!