Yesterday while RR was reading the paper, he handed me the classifieds and said, “Look! MinPin in Pittsfield!” and I freaked out. I called. We were first to respond. We went and met her.

You can all guess what came next. Little ole bleeding heart me couldn’t stand to hear what conditions the dog was living in and decided that she needed two acres to run in and yuppie dog food. Never mind that she has separation anxiety. Never mind that she’s not 100% house trained. Never mind that Beanie is now so pissed at me that she won’t even look at me. *sigh*

So now we have Keesha – and Keesha DESPERATELY needs a new name. I’m hoping ya’ll can help me with this since my mind has gone completely blank. It needs to start with a ‘k’ sound and end with an ‘a’ sound since she’s already been hearing ‘Keesha’ for the last five months. Whomever gives me the best name will get a lil something, too ;o)

new-doggie-006.JPG

So far we’ve had two breakthroughs – she can sit on command (finally! THAT took a lot of cookies…) and she’s spent the past 20 minutes on the porch with Beanie and #1 hasn’t barked and #2 Beanie hasn’t killed her. Yet.

In Beanie news, she is doing pretty good. You can tell that her head is bothering her a bit – and she gets the stitches out tomorrow afternoon. Which, hopefully, will stop the constant, “Zipper’s SURLY” (*sigh* RR is such a kid sometimes…perhaps some of you will recognize a Brian Regan schtick…?) She is definitely not happy with me right now, though. Hopefully she’ll forgive me soon :o(

32 Responses to Holy Whirlwind, Batman…

Better you than me!

Keara or some version of it.

• Katy says:

What a cutie! Hmmm…names. My daughters suggest Clara, Kendra, Katya, Kara, or Carissa.

Kimba?

• heide says:

She’s very cute! Is she on house arrest? That looks like one of those probation bracelets on her wee little neck. How about something completely non-traditional and strange like Kafka (hey, I was a sullen English major in college). Hugs to Beanie!

She a cutie! You are such a softy. Better not let get out…

I can’t think of a name right now. Not enough coffee I guess…well that and it’s Monday morning.

• beverly says:

Oh, my word, she’s adorable! I like Heide’s suggestion of Kafka, or maybe Kenya (I used to have a cat named China. I like country names!). Maddie’s original name was Tickles, which had to go asap when I got her!!

Congrats on your new lovey!

Ok coffee has kicked in and I thought of one..how about Cola? Or Kola if you want to keep the “K”.

• Julie says:

Kassia, Kayla, Kendra, Kyla, Katrina, Kalista, Karina, Karma, Karmela…. just hit the baby name generator and look for one with a meaning that fits her. She’s so cwute, you just wanna squeeze her :) (gently of course)

• I’m terribly with names, but welcome home K!

Well, I knew a girl named Keela. She looks a bit like her too. lol

• maryse says:

well you don’t want me to help name her since my two cats are “little black kitty” and “big black kitty”

“little black dog?”

• Sarah says:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet. I just wanna pat her little head. She’s an absolute doll! Kayla, Kaya, Kiara, Keala, Kyra, Kika, Kala….you’ve got tons of options for names.

Great….now I’m sitting here wanting another dog!

• Wanda says:

Kenya?

• Kris says:

Aww, she is so cute. The first word that popped in my head that begins with a “K” and ends with “a” was Kona. It’s a Hawaiian word. I looked it up and the definition said: a southwesterly winter wind in Hawaii, often strong and bringing rain. Hmm, maybe not. There is also Koa, another Hawaian word. It’s a type of wood that has a reddish color to it. Enjoy.

Aw, she’s adorable!!

Um . . . Ciara? Cara?

Kendra! Alternate slayer the first time Buffy died. I’m such a geek.

Kona for the coffee?

Kreature? If you say it with an accent it comes out “Creatcha”.

I think I need some caffeine.

• Amy says:

What a sweetie!

How about Cora?

Amy

• Kira is my baby’s name and you could totally use it. It has the E sound your new baby is used to as well.

Ummmmm How could you not take that little love bug home with you? She is the cutest little thing. Adorable.

Beanie will recover – it is hard sharing space but once they establish the pack order everything will work out. Maybe she can tell that this pup’s had it rough too – because it sounds like Beanie is already doing quite well.

I am so happy for your little dog too – every dog needs a nice home like yours. She is obviously a clever one if she learned Sit in 20 mins. :-D

Calla or Callista? She’s a cutie!

• Madame Purl says:

What a sweet face – Here’s some to help…although there are some good ones on here.

Karma – Fate
    Kabira – Powerful
    Kaia – from the earth. Mythological womanly personification of the earth and mother of the Titans.
    Kyla – Victorious

Try a few out on her and see how it goes. Maybe she’ll decide for you. :)

She’s adorable! I’m sure Beanie will get over it in a few days. When I brought Max into my house Gabby was mad at me for about a week and then when she realized we weren’t getting rid of the cat she caved and is fine. Actually I think she secretly likes him.

As for a name all I can come with is Katia.

• Lizzy B says:

Krista or Kenya. I’m awful with names though. Krista is the one that sings to me of that little cutie!

• Beth S. says:

You did a good thing here, you really did. :-)

Awww…congrats on the new addition! She’s so cute! The only thing I can think of is Kara… but that’s probably a bit lame.

• Mindy says:

Kira! She is so adorable.

• Bev says:

I like some of the suggestions others have made. Cora sounds really lovely.

• Karyn says:

OOOOh that dog is adorable! Ok…How about.. Kahlua! YuM!

• Diana says:

She is adorable!

• heather says:

Chiquita comes to mind…as well as Chia (as in pet) but then you’d have that commercial in your head all the time..Ch-Ch-Chia

Very cute pup, good job giving her a better life!

• scout says:

You got a PUPPY!?!!!

• Diana says:

Well, I left my name suggestion under the wrong post. So I’ll post it a second time. I think you can safely change the dogs name and she will learn it in no time. The names don’t need to be phonetically similar. Anyway, I think you should name her Minnie Purl!

• diane says:

Owwww, She looks like a Kiera to me:)