…this past week has almost pushed me to either start smoking again or start drinking (more). Possibly both.

First, we have the lovely Alb*ny RV folks who had me running in circles for three days trying to buy a camper we didn’t really need but wanted pretty badly. I was fine for the first 24 hours – when it got up to 72 I started getting a titch upset. It didn’t help that the salesperson who was handling the sale wasn’t there for Tuesday or Wednesday and the backoffice person didn’t believe in calling when a call was promised.

Anyway, we bought the damned thing and pick it up Tuesday. woo. Hopefully by then I’ll be excited again…and referring to it as something other than ‘the damned thing’…

Next up we have my hosting company who decided last night would be a good time to try to extort an extra $90/month out of me because someone started attacking my old blog (jessaluknits.com – please update your linkage if you are linked to that site, it doesn’t exist anymore) which resulted in almost 14,000 hits to their server in the space of like, 3 milliseconds. THAT took all day to straighten out because they chose to not respond to my emails for eight hours (they don’t have phone support. Trust me, Dreamhost is looking better and better by the minute). I FINALLY got them to actually help me and remove the old blog so now my new blog (that you are reading now…) is up and running again. woo. Hopefully by Tuesday I’ll be excited about that, too… ;o) (no, I didn’t pay them an extra $90)

Anyway…ignore the bitter lady and look at the pretty picture:

Strawberry

I’ve been knitting, too. I started a sock twice, decided it sucked twice and ripped it twice. What am I knitting now? A Jaywalker. Why yes, I do like the feeling I get when I smack my forehead against a brick wall repeatedly…why do you ask? ;o) I like to think of myself as an eternal optimist…those who know me well can stop laughing at any time…

(I’m really okay, just venting…I’ll be better on Tuesday…when I have my new camper…woo.)

19 Responses to Almost…

• michelle says:

Don’t drink, don’t smoke, what do you do? That’s the song stuck in my head now. Yes I’m a total 80’s girl :)

Oh things will look up. Think about those luxury road trips you’ll now be able to take. Just make sure you always keep the fridge locked – been clonked one to many times myself.

I’ve been with dreamhost a couple of years now and have never had a problem (knocking on all sorts of wood now)

An RV? You must be krazee but then, you don’t have 3 kids and yours is old enough to be left at home. I think I’ll keep my “Heavenly” bed!

hoo…. you’ve DEFINITELY been having “One Of Those Days”, just longer.

I was thinking about you earlier this week and was wondering. Would you like to come out to our knitting group on some Tuesday night? It’s very tiny, just two or three or us at any time, but we’re good peeps and sometimes there’s a little sleek boy chihuahua who’s very friendly to play with. :)

A camper? Ummm. Dude. What were you thinking?

• Amy says:

I’m so jealous! I’ve been wanting a camper for years. I’d love to see pictures when you get it.

Amy

• Liz says:

It sounds like you and I have been living parallel lives. How ’bout we make an agreement that next week will be better than this one was? I could go for that . . . (and a margarita or three)

• Whooo! You will feel better on Tuesday – especially if you are going to be taking that camper out on the road. Or actually, if RR is taking it out on the road and you are knitting your Brick Wall Jaywalker (incidentally, wouldn’t that make a great colourway name? minus the Jaywalker).

I have been reading about some crazy blog issues lately. Makes me a little nervous – Good for you for not paying them any extra money! Ridiculous.

Yikes! What a week! Hope things are looking better sooner than next Tuesday! :)

• Beth S. says:

I’ve never had any luck with the Jaywalkers either, but hope springs eternal. ;-)

Whoa. Not sure if I should congratulate you or back away slowly…

• heide says:

Goody two, goody two, goody goody two-shoes… yes, I have that song by Adam Ant stuck in my head now! I think that when you get the camper (congratulations btw) that you need to take a cross-country yarn trek. A journey of that proportion could hardly be called a crawl. I wonder what ever happened to Adam Ant… sorry. I’m not a serious blogger yet and I still use a free service with limited options. But that’s okay because technology tends to baffle me. I hope you enjoy your weekend. The strawberry looks yummy!

• sprite says:

That strawberry looks utterly luscious!

And congrats on the camper. It sounds like there are lots of fun weekends in your future.

• crzjane says:

This is your Mom, just smiling.
    Love ya

Big purchases are enough to freak anyone out. I’m sure you’ll be excited when you pick it up. Now you can take lots of cool trips!

It’s horrible to want something SO BAD and then hate it when it arrives. Can’t wait to hear about your RV. YOU WILL LOVE IT. (Repeat as necessary)

Great picture of Jazz. Such a pretty face.

Tuesday! Woo.

• Mary Ann says:

Oh, I’m jealous. My folks had an RV. Their last one was an Avion. They made so many good friends and had so many great trips in that trailer. I like to just go to RV shows and check out all the great stuff. We’ll probably never have one, though, My husband thinks that if you are camping, you are supposed to SUFFER. We have a tent and everything that goes with it. And we do have fun, but,oh, a camper would be sooooo nice!

• Congrats on the new camper. I bet it will be fun. Road trip!

• heather says:

Good luck with the socks! Sound like with that camper you are *ALL SET* to hit every fiber festival where there are roads to take you.

• Chris H says:

Camper – yay! I used to be a tenter, and even after the kids were born and we joined a camping club (nafca.org) we were still in the tent, until my youngest decided at 3 that he could wander around the campground by himself… So, we bought a box on wheels (very “well loved” pop up trailer) to help contain him. Six years later we’re still with the club (but have upgraded to a larger pop up trailer) and camp at least once a month from April to November, if not more often.

Several of us knit, crochet, cross stitch, quilt or what-not while we hang out, and there’s even a “Quilting and Camping Weekend” that’s become an annual event.

I hope you enjoy your camper as much as I have enjoyed mine.