…are reading this post, the first two hanks ‘o roving are mine, the rest are filler. Lent to me by fellow bloggers out of pity so I didn’t look like too much of a Rhinebeck loser ‘cuz I only bought two things.

*ahem*

The rest of the world? Well…you know that it’s really all mine – and soon you will know that I went a bit…overboard. There was a boatload of stuff in those ‘wee’ bags.

Here are the Saturday acquisitions:

More Brooks Farm Primero
Handpainted BFL

Merino/Silk 'Cranberry Bog'
Merino /Silk

Sheepshed goodness
Trekking for RR

Foxfire Bamboo/Superwash
Autumn House Farms Sock Yarns

Hatchdown Spindle

Here we have Brooks Farm Primero purchased in the hopes that it would match a skein of Primero purchased two years ago at Rhinebeck. It doesn’t, but it’s close enough to mix; 4oz of BFL hand-dyed by someone (the dog ate my label); 4oz of Merino/Silk in ‘Cranberry Bog’; 4oz of Merino/Silk in…? (it’s in the car and it’s raining, I’m sorry but I’m not going out there to check right now, I’ll melt!); Sheepshed Merino/Tencel in three different colorways; Two balls ‘o Trekking for RR socks (see? I can buy for others!); Foxfire superwash/bamboo; Sock yarn from Autumn House Farms AND a Hatchtown Farm spindle made of cocobolo and something else that’s pretty… ;o)

Sunday I tripped and fell into the Brooks Farm booth, possibly passed out from wool fumes, and put my plastic into intensive care:

Brooks Farm Primero

After coming to, I recovered and soldiered on to pick up a soap dispenser, mug and a skein of wool/mohair that I had been eyeing on Saturday but just couldn’t bring myself to purchase (you know, since I was being so mindful of my budget and all):

Soap and Mug
Dunno but it's mostly mohair...and pretty...

That’s it! Or at least, that’s all I’m owning up to at this time! ;o)

26 Responses to If you are RR and…

• scout says:

Oooooh pretty! So if I go next year I can count it as a business trip right? :)

• michelle says:

Great haul! I almost picked up more stuff from the Fox Fire ladies but then I came to my senses. I went crazy at Cummington with them and still have not used half of it.

Your sheepy wares remind me of the sink I wanted to get so badly! Did you see those beautiful sinks. Well, since I now live in an yucky apartment it did seem a little impractical, I did pass :)

You’ve got skillz! They’re gorgeous. Love most of those colours.

• chris says:

Oh yeah, I lent you all that yarn just so you wouldn’t feel bad. That’s right. Lovely, Lovely! And you’ll be very happy with the mug – mine works very well!

Isn’t it funny how it doesn’t look like much while we’re buying it but then when we get home and lay it all out – oy.

• heide says:

WOW! You made some lovely selections while intoxicated with wool fumes. The mug and soap dispenser are adorable. Now it’s time to scroll back up and drool some more.

• margene says:

You are a very good shopper. Let me know if RR falls for your tactic…if so I’ll use it too;-)

• Risa says:

Seriously nice acquisitions! It was good to see you again, even if for such a short time.

But, it’s all so pretty!!

• KnitPastis says:

Really great selections you brought back with you! I especially love the last one that is next to the cute mug and soap dispenser.
    I must say your background in the woods is so pretty!

Thanks for shopping for me. ;) Since I didn’t get to enjoy, I had to live vicarioulsy through your shopping experience and it was only right that you purchase enough that I wouldn’t feel left out. Right? ;)

You fell down with the credit card exposed in some pretty nice places! :) I’m kicking myself for not getting some of the Sheep Shed merino/tencel now….

• Elinor says:

Squee! The fiber is so yummy. I say, good choices. =D

Look at all that Sheep Shed lol!

I have that same mug and what a cool matching soap dispenser!

Fabulous haul!

I’m sure those mean yarnies forced you to do that buying. ;^)

• What a great haul. I think I bought that same color of Trekking (the one on the left). And I love the color of the Brooks Farm yarn you got.

This is the first Rhinebeck post I have read that gave me a twinge of regret for not going. Ya did good!

You don’t really *need* that lovely blue-green stuff, do you? I’d be happy to give it a good home…

• Marie says:

Very nice haul! It was nice meeting you for that brief second – hopefully next time it’ll be longer!

What lovely finds! That spindle is gorgeous.

• Oh. My. Goodness.
    I love it all! No wonder you couldn’t leave any of it behind, I mean offer it temporary storage for friends.
    But look – you didn’t forget RR.
    I love, love, love Sunday’s Brooks Farm Primero. That is a great colourway.

• Nora says:

Beautiful selection.

• melody says:

Hello! I am the “mystery dyer” of the BFL! :^D
    I am, sadly, blogless… but I’m melodypants on ravelry.

What gorgeous sock yarn! That’s a booth I need to find next year!

• Wanda says:

Lovely collection of enhancement from Rhinebeck. I love that yarn from Autumn House, just beautiful.

I love how you were sticking to the budget, but after you went back on Sunday, then you just went crazy! I felt the same way though at NHS&W. At first Ithought I wouldn’t buy something and then thought I may never come back, so I might as well buy what I like, right?

It’s so sad that you had to dig into your stash and pretend that it’s Rhinebeck stuff. ;-)

Everything is so beautiful. Even that spindle – which I would have bought just to touch it and look at it.

The fumes. The FUMES! LMAO!

• susan says:

What color Brooks Farm Primero are you looking for?? I have a hank from Estes Park (two years ago) that looks really close to the one you just bought.