I spent today cleaning out new code and messing with stuff – oh yeah and upgrading to WP 2.5. Let me know what you guys think of the new theme – I like to call it ‘Procrastination’. ;o) If you refresh the screen, you get to see a new header image, it’s been amusing me for most of the day. Yes, it’s difficult to read my blog name on some of the images but I plan on fixing that…just not right now. Oh I also know that some of the text in the sidebar is on the big side…fixing that too… ETA: *Important* If you have trouble reading this, like Mary Ann, please hit your F5 button to refresh the page and clear your cache. I no longer have a background image at all so if you’re seeing one, it’s stuck in your browser cache from my old theme. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I do have one request for those readers who know a thing or two about the CSS – I cannot figure out how to get rid of the annoying little marks (like this >> only smaller) that are showing in the lists on the sidebar (over there –>). If anyone can help me with that, give me a shout, k? Thanks! ETA: FIXED!!! Thanks, guys!

18 Responses to Spring Cleaning!

• Talvi says:

Hi!

Look for the string “0BB” in the CSS — that’s the Unicode for a right-pointing double angle quote. The whole business that starts with “.entry ul li:before” adds a quote character and a space before any list item.

Hope this helps! :)

• Kris says:

Nice header.
    I’m no expert but the less than / greater than sign around the button for New England knits might be because of the usage of the ampersand sign along with the letter “l” and “t”, the greater than sign because of the ampersand along with the letter “g” and “t”. I also see them in your html down near knitty heads. If this isn’t what you are talking about then ignore me. Like I said I’m no expert : ).

• lynda says:

Wow, I’m impressed. I likey.

I can be of no help to you… I can’t even run my own blog w/o help ;o)

• Mary Ann says:

Jess. for some reason your blog is now VERY difficult for me to read. The words are hidden in the background design. They used to show up better. I had to highlight the words so they would be in a plain, contrasting color background. I am not techie enough to tell you exactly what happened.

Very cool!

I love the new headers!

• michelle says:

I’m so easily amused – how long can one play the refresh game? :) The little >> things are coming from this in your CSS file

.entry ul li:before, #leftsidebar ul ul li:before, #rightsidebar ul ul li:before, #horizontalsidebar ul ul li:before, #adssidebar ul ul li:before {
    content: “0BB 020”;
    }

let’s see if this works?

Love the new look and the multiple banners. Sounds like you’ve already got a line on the CSS problem too. :)

• michelle says:

Yeah! Hope that helps a bit :)

Looking good to me! :)

• Heide says:

What’s a CSS? Guess I won’t be helping much, but I do like your new blog look and banners, etc. Love the Bee curtains too.

• Risa says:

Very cool. I’ve got to upgrade to 2.5 myself. Maybe this weekend ;)

• Mary Ann says:

It worked. It’s all good now.

Hey! I got here when the party was nothing but a bunch of cups littered over the carpet. sigh Well, at least I can play the header game. ;)

Love!

It looks great to me! One teeny request, and it’s not a big deal: is there any way to get the comment software to remember me so I don’t have to type in my info every single time? Although if I can do it for the Yarn Harlot I can do it for you :).

verah nice