…spinning. At least, mine was. I spent most of Saturday and part of Sunday finishing up two hanks of roving that had been sitting in my ‘half done’ pile for way too long.
First up, I turned this:
4oz of BFL from a vendor at Rhinebeck (Jazz ate the band so I have no idea who or what color it actually is – Kelly bought the other hank so she might be able to help…?)
268 yds of Navajo plied fingering weight.
Then I turned this:
oops I don’t have a ‘before’ photo…sorry!
The June 2007 Spunky Club offering of 4oz of BFL in ‘Tulips’ into:
190 yds of center-pull ball plied sport weight.
Regarding the center-pull ball way of plying, I found a new use for my Will Taylor lazy kate – since it has upright posts for the bobbins, it worked perfectly for my center-pull ball. I popped the ball right on one of those posts and voila! No need to get all tangled up in the ball while plying (until I reached the end and the ball wasn’t heavy enough to stay put on its own).
I also realized that I hadn’t put up all of my handspun into my Ravelry account so I dug up photos of this:
4.4oz of BFL ‘Rose Garden’ bought on Ebay and spun into 618 yds of two-ply lace weight. This was completed October 30, 2006.
As usual, I don’t have a plan for any of these so they go into the basket! ;o)