…was CT Sheep & Wool in Vernon, CT. There were friends, fleece (no, I didn’t buy one – even though Cynthia tried *really hard* to talk me into one), and fun. Here are a few of my favorite photos:

CT-01
CT-02

CT-03
CT-08

CT-06
CT-07

CT-04

…and finally, my loot:

CT-05

Two skeins of BFL ‘Luster Sox’ from Dye Dreams, a needle felting holder and a WPI tool from The Wheel Thing. I know, not a lot there. Lately I’ve felt more comfortable with quality instead of quantity. ;o)

Oh and something I hadn’t blogged about before this – Dobby spent the past week in London on a school trip. She’s back, she had a great time, survived ‘fish & chips’ and having to wear a skirt to the theater. (oh the horror!) She even took a couple of good pictures, which I’ll be posting soon!

17 Responses to This weekend…

Quality is good and spending time with friends is even better. Tell me about that sock yarn – it looks yummy!

Caroles last blog post..Primavera Socks

It was great fun! You are right about quality. Don’t need no quantity.

Lauries last blog post..Epidemic

• Julie says:

I have to say, I really loved the colors of the Luster Sox yarn, such gorgeous intensity is right up my alley. I was good though and stuck to my shopping list. :)

Julies last blog post..What came home

Lucky Dobby! But what’s wrong with fish & chips? Especially with vinegar drizzled all over it. Yum!

The yarn looks gorgeous!

Marinas last blog post..Child’s play

Darn, not only did I miss bumping into you, I missed that pretty sock yarn. That is exactly the kind of yarn I was looking for. Ah well, I wasn’t feeling very good, so we were only there for about an hour or so, and I didn’t buy any yarn. :( I made up for it at Webs yesterday though!!

London! Wowza! Can’t wait to see the pics!

I got fingerprints all over my screen, trying to touch your Luster Sox! Looks like a great day. :-D

Quality is always better than quantity. Unless you can get a lot of something fab, of course. ;^)

Lucky Dobby!

Cookies last blog post..Blue Sky Cute Shoes

• beverly says:

It was SO great to see you!!!

I went looking for the “red fleece” but alas, could not find it! Good thing as it’s the last thing I need right now!!!!

beverlys last blog post..Connecticut Sheep and Wool

• Beth S. says:

Oh, the Luster Sox… they got me too! ;-) It was just too wonderful to pass up. I bought one skein and wish I’d allowed myself more than that.

And I would be thrilled to get to eat fish and chips all week, especially in London, where they do it properly. Mmmmmmm! :-)

Beth S.s last blog post..Festival Season

• Manise says:

It was great seeing you! I also succumbed to the Luster- kept one and gave one to a friend who missed out. Then there was a Cormo fleece….. some soap…. and a dog training stick… and the ever so popular pierced wooden needle holder aka flea catcher :-)

Sorry to have missed you at Ct sheep and wool but we got there about nine and were out of there at 10:00 due to soccer games and buying presents for birthday parties. Looks like you came home with some nice loot!

• Heide says:

Glad to hear that Dobby had a great time. Your yarn, etc. is lovely, but just think of all of the Red Heart you could have bought for the same price!

Heides last blog post..Triple Blooms

Quality is better than quantity! Very nice finds. I’m glad Dobby had a good trip!

Your pictures get better and better every time I visit your blog! Sounds like a fun day and some very nice purchases. Wish I could have been there. CT was my first S&W and I miss it.

Great pictures! And for the record, I didn’t try “really hard.” I just pointed out the reasons you should buy it. That they happened to be compelling wasn’ t MY fault ;)

Thanks for posting the link to the luster, I’m off to to see about ordering some right now…

Cynthias last blog post..I heart spring

• Risa says:

Looks like a wonderful time. I thought about heading up for CTSW, but with the price of gas and MD next weekend, decided to pass on it. Nice take home.

Hey, I see the back of my head!

Some Luster Sox came home with me too, in purple, of course.

(Yes, I am way behind in my blog reading. You want to make something of it?)

Lucias last blog post..I Think They Got Me