…the April socks are agreeing with me – or I’m agreeing with the socks, not sure which. ;o)

Progress on my April Sock...

I pulled the bag on Friday and couldn’t wait to take pictures to cast on.  The yarn is Autumn House Farms Strideaway Sock yarn in Fox Grape purchased at Rhinebeck ’07 and the pattern is the Leyburn pattern by MintyFresh (Rav link over thataway —>).  It’s possible I *might* finish these by the end of the month.  We’ll see.  ;o)

In other literary news, I have photographic proof that if you make a book into a comic book/graphic novel, just about anyone will read it:

P&amp ;P

I know! ;op

p.s. what do you think of the latest theme?  I decided I hated the bird after I signed up for twitter and saw the bird everywhere.  It’s a work in progress so things might look wonky from time to time.

p.p.s.  I’ve reached a milestone in the shop!  As of Saturday, I sold 50 bags!  I know!!! I may have squee’d a bit but I’ll never tell.  *grin*

23 Responses to So Far…

• Diane S. says:

Omg, I love those socks, so much so that I will try & cast-on a pair for myself Sunday!!! I really need another project going like I need another hole in my head but their socks & they may actually have a chance of getting finished before December! Really it’s that out of control! lol
    I love the comic book, and thereader is to funny! I just saw the movie a few months ago & listened on audio. Had never really heard of it before you.(Cowering in shame) I’ve never really been a reader but i’m working my way there.
    And finally, congrats on you 50th bag! That is awesome!!!
    Hope to see you soon, it’s late & I know there are way to many “!” in here but you’ll forgive me! hehehe

• Opal says:

i love:

1) the socks, the colors are groovy;

2) the theme, swirls make me happy;

3) 50 sales, milestones rock.

*hugs*

Opal’s last blog post..Heavy metal, dude.

The socks are beautiful and I LOVE the new theme!

Carole’s last blog post..Easter Egg Socks

*grin* I seem to remember telling someone “SELL THEM! Yes, SELL THEM”. Good for you Jess, you’ve earned every sale the hard way, not through notoriety, but through meticulous attention to detail and fabulous taste. I’m proud of you. :)

Love the new blog look, I wasn’t so much into the bird, this is much more you. Besides, you’re a great photographer, why not?

And yes, the socks are definitely sweet.

Tina M.’s last blog post..Tweedy Goodness

Love the socks! Funny about RR ;) I’m VERY glad I could be a milestone for you!

Cynthia’s last blog post..So much going on…

I like the new theme a lot! And the newest socks are fabulous! Congratulations on your sales!

Karen’s last blog post..Wip Wednesday 04/08/09

• margene says:

I likes the new theme, too!

• jaya says:

The socks are gorgeous, as is the theme!

And congratulations on your 50th sale. It’s quite an accomplishment, one that you should be proud of (squeeing is definitely approved, btw!)

I liked the birdy, but I also like your pictures. So, it’s sort of a draw for me. I may have signed up for twitter, but I don’t twit, or tweet, or whatever it is you do on twitter.

Kelli’s last blog post..I Couldn’t Resist

• Harriet says:

Love the new theme!! I’m appalled at the comic book. Some things were not meant to become graphic novels. Jane is spinning in her grave, I’m sure.

Congrats on the 50th sale. Does that count those ordered and not yet paid for?

Harriet’s last blog post..Drive By Post

• Betty says:

People–those socks are even more GORGEOUS in person!

I like the new theme!

The sock is beautiful! You have to keep going!

I miss the birdie, but I can understand your need for change.

Woo Hoo! I’m so proud of you!

xo

Cookie’s last blog post..I Smoked Nora & Finished My Hemlock Ring Doily in Record Time

• Birdsong says:

The socks are simply fabulous, and very spring-like too! Who knew PnP would make such an appealing graphic novel?… Jane Austen is a long-time favorite, so I probably don’t need to go and search this out, but it’s always good to know.

Definitely an improvement. The other theme was fine, and all, but too “Twitter” looking!

–Deb’s last blog post..Rounding Third

• Kim says:

The bird thing is getting very trendy. YOur photos make a better banner. A Jane Austen comic book! Can you send away for a Pride & Prejudice decoder ring? Are there ads for Edwardian costumed Sea Monkeys?
    Hooray on the 50 bag mark! Yours are the best box bags evah!

Kim’s last blog post..She’s a Lady, whoa, whoa whoa, she’s a lady

• Oooh I really want to read that Graphic Novel too!

Miss Scarlett’s last blog post..LOST 511

• Kris says:

I love the socks, very nice pattern to show of the yarn. Congratulations on the 50 bags sold! I love graphic novels. The librarian I work with is not very found of them but she had to admit the mythology ones I talked her into getting are always checked out. Usually by our young boy readers. The girls don’t seem to be as interested in them. Whatever gets them reading works for me :).

• Joanne says:

I am really loving these macro pictures! Take more!

There are a few things I’m putting on my Christmas list. 1. Bobbin Winder and storage bobbins 2. A Lendrum fast flyer 3. A macro lens

Joanne’s last blog post..Eye Candy Friday – Is it Spring YET????

• beverly says:

I’ve been wanting to get my hands on that particular comic book~~

Pretty socks!

beverly’s last blog post..Crocheted Potholder Swap

• Robin Marie says:

I’m knitting those too! Except they’re still my January/February socks….oops. Still can’t knit much, same as last summer and this past winter, so it’s slow going. I love the pattern though!!

I also love your new theme…I think it’s much more relevant and personal:) Best of luck with Tax-time…keep your head up!

Robin Marie’s last blog post..Last Minute!

• Risa says:

Dude, love the font in the contact info boxes!

Yay for the milestone. Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. Your bags are awesome.

Neat socks. Someday my sock mojo will stick around long enough for me to finish a pair.

Risa’s last blog post..Always Moving

• Carol says:

Pride and Prejudice is a comic book?? ::mind boggles::

Congrats on the bags!

::clicks over to Etsy::

Carol’s last blog post..Turning an Old T-Shirt into a Bag or Tote

• 50 bags, Holy Schmitt. That’s a lot of sewing. I am proud to say I am one of the fifty owners!

Love the macro. I need to come over for a show and tell.

karin maag-tanchak’s last blog post..Easter was: