…the one with the ‘moment in time’.

Tina tagged me for that meme that’s going around where you need to snap a photo of yourself with no prep or whatever. I’ve been buried in bag orders (thanks, Margene!!  woo!) so I haven’t had a chance until now:

Me – snapped on the iPhone while watching Sierra get voted off Survivor. (gawd I hate ex-coach with a passion, he’s SUCH a weasel.)

Your supposed to tag three people and since I’m doing this early I’m going to actually tag people. Ready? Carole, Risa and Cynthia.  Haaa!  Gotcha.  ;o)

I’d like to take a moment to answer a couple of questions put forth in the comments:

Cookie, I love you and this is why I’m telling you this before you try it yourself and end up scarred for life like I did.  You do not want to process a fleece.  I mean, maybe you truly do and I can’t stop you but I can tell you that I’ve been there and done that and trust me,  it ain’t easy.  Star is going away to get her bits cleaned up.   ;op

I can’t remember the name of where she’s going but she’s going to be processed at a mill in Red Hook where blog-free Becky from my knit group works.  I’ll be handing her over into Becky’s capable hands on Tuesday and I will be paying the extra $5 for them to do the skirting. (uhm…ick? and SO worth it)

Steve is…uhm…well…yeah.  Steve (who was my first fleece evah – a Coopworth purchased at VT S&W in 2006 for those who are new to these parts) was processed by a local mill (Buckwheat Bridge) and is sitting in my fiber closet.  I suppose I should probably work on getting him spun up.  I wonder if he’d mix well with Star?  I could possibly do a two-ply and then knit a lovely Aran…hmmm…

Okay that about covers it!  Have a great weekend, everyone!  ;o)

21 Responses to ECF…

You look vulnerable and sweet. :) Thanks for being a good sport.

Tina M.’s last blog post..Spreadin’ the Word

Was I not supposed to mention his name? An Aran sounds exciting.

A weasel is the perfect description for him. That dragon slayer thing he’s got going makes me shake my head every time he says it. Sierra lasted longer than I thought she would. She was too nice and got off to a bad start.

Karen’s last blog post..Not Again

That’s a lovely shot of you.

Carole’s last blog post..Eye Candy Friday

• Dave Daniels says:

Wait! What??? Sierra got voted off? Damn! I was hoping they would back door coach to get rid of him. (I’ve got it recorded on the DVR but haven’t watched it yet.)
    As for your fleece, maybe do a cabled yarn of Steve and Star for that Aran sweater. THAT could be interesting.

Dave Daniels’s last blog post..Monster Snot, the Yarn

• Barb Reeves says:

Hi Jess…..can you let me know name of mill in Red Hook? Friend is giving me 3 (black, white, curly) from sheepies of unknown lineage. Shearing tomorrow in GB…..
    Have been enjoying your postings! Thanks!
    barb

• margene says:

I SO wanted to see Coach go last night. Sierra is full of drama but she’d never get the money and would have been a good one to take to the end.

margene’s last blog post..And There Was Knitting

• Lynda says:

I hate Coach, too, but I want him to last as long as possible without winning because he’s good drama to watch, and quite the amusing weirdo. “Be the wizard.” What does that even mean??

Lynda’s last blog post..So Long, Farewell, auf Wiedersehen… THANK YOU

• Susie B says:

I so wanted Coach off this week. I was bummed for him to get the idol. Karen’s right, he’s such a weasel. Can’t wait to see him get voted off. Love the picture of you.

• Donna says:

I agree with the fleece processing – it’s so worth the money to send it out to be processed. I guess everybody needs to go through the experience once to truly appreciate the work that goes into it, but I can firmly say that all fleeces I purchase will go out for processing. It’s just not worth the time for me.

Donna’s last blog post..Ten on Tuesday

• Hillary says:

Nice picture. I’ve resisted fleeces so far but I’m feeling itchy to get one. If I do get one (maybe this weekend) I’d love to know where you send yours for processing. I’m really not into cleaning it myself. Ick.

Hillary’s last blog post..ECF – Pink Dogwood Edition

I hate coach too. Lots! I tivo’d it but hadn’t watched it yet. I was really hoping they were going to blindside him this week like they did his buddy last week, whom I also hated I might add. Almost as much too.

Karen’s last blog post..Finished Vogue V-Neck Cardigan

• Stacey says:

I know I shouldn’t, but I thought it would be fun to clean one. I just have to get off my ass long enough to find a processor. I know I have ones nearby.

Stacey’s last blog post..I’m so moving to Buffalo

• Manise says:

I wanted Sierra to stay. What a mistake that they didn’t get rid of Debbie instead further isolating Coach as the whack job that he is. He’ll never win as too many people hate him. I’m sure people realize that and will take him along up to a point.

Only $5 to skirt?? Wow . So well worth it!

• Janice in Camas says:

Got my bag from you a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE it! Thanks.

I’ve only watched the last 3 or 4 seasons of Survivor so I don’t really know how Coach ranks as far as villains go, but he’s got me just about ready to give it up for good. The skunks are usually kind of fun to watch — this guy, not even a little bit. Have a great weekend!

• Carol says:

a no prep picture. Nope, not gonna happen….

Carol’s last blog post..Coffee Dye?

I always forget you’re a baby. A pretty baby, but still a baby.

Yeah, okay, whatever. I’m still on the fence, which is fine because I’m still wheel-free. :p

Coach has to go. I cannot stand that guy! And don’t get me started on that Debbie woman. o.O

xo

• beverly says:

The only reason I’m considering a fleece this year is b/c last year at CT S&W I asked you about cleaning and carding. You gave me a look which said, “oh, you naive thing, you” and told me “you send it to a mill.” End of story! An ending I like!!

beverly’s last blog post..…nor no man ever loved

• OMG I am so glad you didn’t tag me. There is no way in h*ll anyone will get to see a pic of me un prepared. YOU would all be scarred for life!

However it is nice to SEE you!

Yikes! You tagged me! Now to find the camera and wonder if I can get away with using an elastic in my hair…

Cynthia’s last blog post..A new bag

• Thanks for not tagging me! I looked at the “theme” and said “Oh HELL no!” You look good…really, no prep?

Steve and Star – a great name for a yarn!!

Laurie (Moo!)’s last blog post..Airport Peeps!