…yeah, I know it’s not very imaginative but I’m working on a deadline, people!  Let me also add, I know I’ve fallen behind (uhm…WAY behind) on reading blogs and I’m sorry…I need to figure out a way to get the laptop next to Emma so I can read and spin (Emma because Amelia is in TIME. OUT. dammit.*)

Anyway…update.  Yesterday’s spinning:

TDF 2009 spinning for 7/8/09

(photo taken with my new Shiny Precioussss – the iphone 3Gs – I’m pretty happy with the new camera (among other things))

2 oz of Merino/Tencel Singles – Spunky Club September 2007 – Colorway ‘Aspen’  (this month was a 2 oz hank).  I’ll be plying this 2-ply from a center pull ball today and start on the November 2007 offering of  ‘Pie for Everyone’ this afternoon.  (October 2007 was partly spun and then given away since apparently I do not like scratchy wool to spin)  To answer an ongoing question from the comments: I do not have a plan for everything, I’m going to go with what I feel for each hank when I pull it out.  For example, I know I’ll get more yardage wtih a 2-ply so that’s what I’m doing with this one (and the previous one) but I think Pie for Everyone will give me more singles yardage so I’ll probably Navajo ply it.  But, that could change, too.  ;o)  Flying by the seat of my pants, who, me?  hehe

*Update on Amelia:  I spoke with Tim at New Voyager yesterday and he’s sending me new hinges, a new upright, a new connector and a new screw to connect the connector all…FOR NOTHING.  This is why I buy Kromski.  When I had Brigit and had issues with Brigit (my Lendrum that my Dad fixed and was adopted by my Mom for her birthday) I could not get a resolution from Gord.  Because I couldn’t get him on the *bleep*ing telephone to save my life.  Or email.  Or at a show.  I tried for a. year.   This whole clicking issue has come to a resolution in under a week, you can’t beat that kind of customer service with a stick (or a clickety footman).  ;op

signature.png

15 Responses to TDF 2009 Update – 07-09-09

• Marcia says:

I agree. I hope certain people who sneer at Kromski wheels (cough, AF, cough) read this. There is an awful lot of unwarranted prejudice against Kromski wheels in general. I got really sick of hearing what crap they were at my former spinning group as I sat there with my Minstrel. Note I said former…..

Marcia’s last blog post..Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!

Woo Hoo!

Now I need to go look at Kromski wheels. After sale customer service is so important.

Cookie’s last blog post..Can’t knit. Spinning!

That spinning is gorgeous. Since you love Kromskis so much I think you should buy my Polonaise. Just sayin.

Carole’s last blog post..Cranking Out the Spinning

• Anne says:

That’s good to know about Kromski’s. I recommended them to a friend (I personally don’t own one), and I think I may forward your post on to her, if I may.

Anne’s last blog post..In case you were wondering

• Maeghan says:

Wow, that is a pretty impressive photo coming from your phone! I like the colors in that colorway, it is very earthy.

I am so glad you were able to get a nice, quick, and easy resolution to your problem with Amelia. Good customer service is so very important!

Maeghan’s last blog post..Tour de Fleece

• Chris says:

And here I thought that fiber you’re spinning would be your shiny precioussssssssss….

• Gorgeous spinning! And WOW, that is some phone, what doesn’t it do?

• Carrie K says:

Chris is silly.

The spinning is gorgeous and yay for good customer service and the fixing of sticky hinge but the real question is how much do you love your iPhone? Shouldn’t you be talking me into getting one too/ Pllleaaaasssee. :)

Carrie K’s last blog post..Cowell Smokestack, July Book Round Up, Pt Reyes Seashore

Now THAT’S some customer service, and just how it should be! I’m glad you can stop freaking out now, there are few things more annoying than a beloved tool being a REAL tool.

And by the way, I LOVE the batch you’re spinning right now. Oooh…

Tina M.’s last blog post..Tour de Fleece: Day Five

The best thing a company can do is give great customer service. The best thing a customer can do is spread the word. Thanks for the info.

Your spinning is stunning!

Karen’s last blog post..Oh Look, It’s Raining, A Lot

• Sarah says:

You won’t hear me say a word about getting behind on the blog-reading. If you can work out a system with the laptop and the wheel, and can make progress, you will have to share the secret.

I’m glad you enjoy the new phone, but the first time I read that sentence, I was distracted by the spinning and thought *it* was the shiny precious of which you were writing. It is gorgeous!

That is great news about Amelia and the excellent customer service. I am impressed.

Sarah’s last blog post..Bet You Never Even Knew We Were Gone

Nice Aspen. Pretty Aspen.

Gord is at the bottom of any list of customer service. ‘Tis sad.

Laurie’s last blog post..What I did on my summer vacation, part II

• Hillary says:

That Aspen colorway is gorgeous. I have a lendrum and a Kromski and I love them both but I have to say that your comments about Gord aren’t a surprise. I met him at MDS&W right after I got my Lendrum and he wasn’t exactly fun to talk to. I had questions and he plainly wan’t too interested in answering. Still love the wheel tho.

Hillary’s last blog post..ECF – Water Fountain Edition

• Diane says:

Lovely stuff you’re spinning. That’s an amazing quality photo from your iPhone. All my phone does is make calls. Yes, I’m terribly behind the times.

Isn’t it interesting about customer service? It has a huge impact on long-term customer retention and satisfaction and on attracting future customers, yet many companies do it poorly and only give it lip service. They have no appreciation for the consequences. It’s good to know your experiences with both these companies.

Diane’s last blog post..Gone to the dark side

• Carol says:

Very nice spinning. Glad you got a resolution so quick on the wheel!

Carol’s last blog post..Fingernail Friday!