…#majorfail.  *sigh*

To catch you up, I set out to spin all my Spunky Club fiber that has been sitting in my stash since 2007.  Roughly 15 packages of 4 oz of fiber (one 2 oz of merino/tussah tencel).  I wanted to empty this bin:

Tour de Fleece 2009 Goal

I did not empty the bin.  In fact, I am willing to swear that bin has some kind of magical regeneration properties because the level of fiber in the bin never seemed to get any lower.  Seriously frustrating.

I spun?  Seven.

Tour de Fleece Final Results

If I have to only count the skeins that were finished and plied then I spun five.  It’s more fiber than I’ve ever spun in that space of time, though, if that counts for anything.  ;o)  Want a list?  Okay…

Party Dress – 236 yards – 4 oz

Aspen – 120 yards – 2 oz

Acadia – 266 yards – 4 oz

Pie for Everyone – 246 yards – 4 oz

Rose…something – 312 yards – 4 oz

Think Spring! – ? yards (not plied) – 4 oz

Mud Season – ? yards (not plied) – 4 oz

My totals are 1,180 yards of plied yarn and 26 ounces of fiber total.

Okay maybe not a #majorfail but I definitely fell short.  ;o)

signature.png

28 Responses to Tour de Fleece…

That is not a fail!

That’s a huge amount of spinning during a short amazingly busy time. I think you should be proud of yourself, sweetie, and I am your fearless leader. :p

xo

• Yarndude says:

Oh. My. God. All your yarns are so incredibly beautiful! I would definitely consider what you’ve done a success.

• Diane says:

Whee! Look at that stuff! I want to play in it. You sure made a huge dent in your box. Good for you.

• Anne says:

Wow – no WAY is that a major fail. Look at how much you got done! And all soooo beautiful. :)

• Chris says:

Oh! It’s a Bin of Everlasting Fiber! Lucky you!! ;)

• Sarah says:

No! It is not fail. It is lovely, lovely spinning.

• Stacey says:

Dude… not a fail. Especially with all the bags you had to make. :D

• Hattie says:

Yeah that’s not a fail! I didn’t spin ONE day and I really meant to. No room right now to have the wheel out.

• michelle says:

I want that bin! Can you put a dollar in there and see what happens? :P

So not a fail – but you do have some lovely yarns there.

• Manise says:

I second Cookie. So not a fail! Fiber has a wonderful way of packing down into a small space. Then it remembers how fluffered up it was originally (remember the memory thing?) and pops up like a jack-in-o-box as each one is removed. Love the skeins!

• Maeghan says:

I agree with everyone else, not a major fail at all. I think it is amazing that you got so much spinning done, while working feverishly on getting bunches of bags done! You have a very pretty basket of…well…pretty there. Good job!

My goal was to spin 32 oz and I spun 24. Not a failure but not what I wanted either. You also made something like eleventy gazillion box bags, though, so you’ve got a fairly good excuse.

• deb says:

Well, it’s not like you didn’t have other things going on. Hello : Boxbags???

• Risa says:

Still impressive results and its not like you had nothing else to do! You were far more successful than I. You at least spun ;)

• Kris B says:

Very impressive! I think I’m lucky if I can spin 4 oz in a month and that’s with nothing else going on to distract me;).

• Carrie K says:

That’s an awful lot of yarn spun to even start bandying words like “fail” around. And when you have a regenerating bin? IMPRESSIVE results.

• jaya says:

I think you’re being too hard on yourself! You spun quite a bit, and I think your goal was lofty.

• Well for a fail, it sure is a lot of pretty yarn! Nice presentation too.

• Opal says:

i’m so impressed with all the spinning you got done on top of all the bags you had to sew. you rock. :)

• DIane Stoddard says:

Not that my 2 cents is worth much..ok maybe 2 cents, but I think you did a wonderful job! And most of all, what you spun is beautiful!!! I know this wasn’t the thing on your plate right now so give yourself a little credit there girly. You know that you rock in my book any day!
    Hugs

• Hillary says:

That is so NOT a fail. I’m very impressed – especially since it all looks great. Good job!

• Chris says:

That’s a major sky high ambition, not a fail. Really purty spinning, too.

• Brenda says:

Well, I think you’ve done a smashing job! They are all beautiful. I’m surprised your wheel didn’t cower in the corner when it realized your master plan.

Don’t give up I say. Keep on it. You’ll be down to the bottom of the box before you know it. :)

Oh, you know ya done good. With so much else going on, that’s really impressive!`

• Alison says:

Beautiful stuff! Definite not a fail. I’ve been spinning on the same stuff for over a year now :-)

• Donna says:

Eh – don’t feel bad. I still have all those same colorways sitting in my bin waiting to be spun. At least you got something accomplished~

• karin mt says:

That is still very amazing if you ask me, and look what gorgeous yarn you ended up with!