…the one with all the interesting conversations. ;o)
This week, ToT is officially asking for a list of 10 things you are thankful for – since I (and a few others) are already making weekly ‘thankful’ lists, Carole suggested that we come up with a list of 10 Guests (Real or Fictional) You’d Like To
Invite For Thanksgiving Dinner. Ready? Okay, in no particular order…
1. Elizabeth Zimmerman. I would love to ask her if she ever hit a knitting slump and how she managed to get herself back in the game. ;o)
2. George Lucas. Just so I can ask him what the hell he was thinking with the whole JarJar thing.
3. Mike Rowe. So I can ask him to take his shirt off. ;o)
4. Colin Firth. (see above..*ahem*)
5. Barbara Walker. Same question as #1 ;o)
6. RR’s Mom, Elsie. To ask her if she ever managed to get him to eat a vegetable that wasn’t corn. or broccoli with cheese. to thank her for training him to put the toilet seat down and put his underpants in the hamper (most of the time), and to tell her that I’m sorry she won’t be able to be at our wedding other than in spirit.
7. My paternal grandmother. To have her do some butt-kicking for me. I’ve been less than impressed with how some of my family responded to the news of my long-awaited engagement. (lets just say that some were so concerned about a cousin’s wedding overlapping mine that they didn’t take my feelings into consideration when they reminded me of his impending nuptials)
8. Jane Austen. To remind me that people are people and that I need to find humor in being reminded to not rain on my cousin’s parade a mere five seconds after telling my family that I’m engaged after a 10-year wait. (not once, but twice. We won’t talk of the third time, either.)
9. Alton Brown. Because he’s awesome.
10. The guy who built my house. So I can ask him what the hell he was thinking, what parts came first and what he thinks of the place today. ;o)
So that’s it, my list. Tell me, who would you invite to Thanksgiving Dinner?
(The Southern VT Fiber thing on Saturday was awesome! I sold enough bags to make the trip worth it and had a great day with R and some friends. The new prints are up in the shop now if you’re interested!)