…the one with all the positive thinking.

Knitted Love

This week, Ten on Tuesday is supposed to be 10 New Years Resolutions. Every time I have a resolution, I break it. I just can’t do it. So, since I like to recognize my limitations and work within them, I’m going to list 10 Things I’d Like to Accomplish Next Year. (yes, I know it’s pretty much the same thing only called something different. I’m not dumb, just …limited. ;op)

So, in no particular order:

1. Get married.

2. Lose a few pounds so I don’t have to wear two pairs of spanx to cram myself fit into my wedding dress. *puts down cookie* Ahem.

3. Knit a pair of socks from my ‘2009 Personal Sock Club’ (yep, I didn’t forget that little undertaking – and I suppose I should rename it to something catchy like, my ‘whenever-I-finally-have-time-to-knit-them-even-if-it’s-2035 Sock Club’)

4. Expand my Stitched line of bags. ;o)

5. Knit something for my wedding…or find someone who loves me who is willing to knit something for me for my wedding. (I’ve been trying to explain to the non-knitters in my life that a hand-knit lace shawl IS what I want as a veil, thankyouverymuch)

6. Not lose my mind trying to plan a wedding on an extremely limited budget. (so limited that I might be serving hot dogs. You have no idea.)

7. Knit something.

8. Try to find a way to manage my time so I can keep up with all you prolific bloggers AND write in my own blog AND clean my house AND knit AND sew AND…and…and. Yeah.

9. Did I mention knit something?

10. How about get married? Did I mention that?!

So that’s my list for this week, how about you? Anything you’d like to accomplish next year?

19 Responses to Ten on Tuesday…

• Do we need to work on hooking you up? Long distance hookups could be great fun!

In Santa Fe I was just in a shop with retro fabric and hand made gifts (aprons and such). Very very cute. Interested in me contacting them to sell your bags there?? They would fit in PERFECT!
    .-= Christina Scovel´s last blog post …W.I.P December 20th =-.

• Cayenne says:

I’m sorry about the hot dogs.
    .-= Cayenne´s last blog post …In which there are blueberries at Christmastime. =-.

• Chris says:

Wedding potluck!! :) Hang in there…

I never make resolutions, because it simply guarantees that I’ll fail.
    .-= Chris´s last blog post …Book Giveaway: Shattered by Joan Johnston =-.

• Kate says:

wedding hot dogs are fine if that’s what you want. Wedding potluck sounds better— you don’t have to man the grill!

.-= Kate´s last blog post …Resolute =-.

Sounds good to me. I can think of another one, though. Arrange to have Carole take engagement photos. And let’s talk about the wedding knitting. I’m game.
    .-= Carole´s last blog post …Ten On Tuesday =-.

• Jenn says:

Two pairs of Spanx? Maybe you should add “be able to breathe at your wedding” to the list! ;)
    .-= Jenn´s last blog post …Finished Stuff Friday: Mitens For Nate =-.

If someone else has the veil, I can totally do the garter. I promise not to make it out of camelid so your thighs don’t spontaneously combust. Then again that’d REALLY make your wedding the wedding to remember.

*ponders the image of a flaming bride*

Ok, tamping down the evil, no camelids.
    .-= Tina M.´s last blog post …Ten on Tuesday: Looking Back =-.

A wedding potluck sounds like a good idea.

Talk to me about #5 when you have some time, sweetie.

xo
    .-= Cookie´s last blog post …Just Another Sunday =-.

• CatieP says:

I’d like to learn to spin on my new spinning wheel that I am getting for Christmas – I only found out that I would be getting it about a week and a half ago. I’d also like to learn the basic crochet stitches but I’ve been saying that for about 2 years…
    .-= CatieP´s last blog post …Blocking =-.

• Erin says:

Aw, very sweet. Good luck with your planning and if you get some really good ideas, please share. I may one day need to plan one on an extreme budget too. Sounds VERY tough.
    .-= Erin´s last blog post …Next up? =-.

• Manise says:

Cannot stop laughing at Tina’s comment. o.0

Sounds like Carole and Cookie have a few covered for you. What good eggs they are.

My biggest wish for you is to truly relax and enjoy yourself. I want to see the space between your ears and shoulders lengthen. Breathe…….. :-)

• Hillary says:

My big plan for 2010 is to relax and go with it. Care to join me? The wedding will be wonderful – even the hot dogs. I know a few people who’d prefer that to fancy foods.
    .-= Hillary´s last blog post …Ten on Tuesday – 10 New Year’s Resolutions =-.

• opal says:

great list! my goal for next year is to lose some weight and learn how to fuse fine silver. i’ve been wanting to learn how to do that for a couple of years now. :)

happy holidays, jessalu!

• elizabeth says:

That’s a great list! As far as budget weddings – the best thing you can do is be informed. Call around and get estimates, learn what flowers cost and try to find inexpensive alternatives, but don’t be afraid to splurge on something if it’s really important to you. In 20 years, you won’t remember how much you paid for something, but you will remember it if it’s not what you really wanted. A good photographer is HUGELY important!

If you want/need another obsession, you could join theknot.com. Some of the forum people were really horrible, but you can get great money-saving ideas from brides in your area. Good luck! Sorry for hijacking your comments!

• Sarah says:

Let the positive thoughts flow!
    .-= Sarah´s last blog post …It Might Be Getting to Me =-.

• Susie B says:

Make it a wedding potluck or an afternoon wedding where you provide punch, cake, mints and nuts. My goals for 2010 are to take it easy with the stress and learn to spin on my new wheel well enough to be proud of the yarn.

• AllyB says:

Happy Holidays! I hope to finish The Saint’s Big-Ass Sweater sometime before the weather gets warm again. An finish our Romance Quilt before our 11th Anniversary in July. Good luck with your goals and thanks for the entertainment!
    .-= AllyB´s last blog post …two forward, three back… =-.

You know I’d hop on the lace shawl knitting train. Happy to knit them, especially for a willing recipient. Though I may not be as skilled as Cookie or Carole.
    .-= Kelli´s last blog post …Ok, Seriously! =-.

• I hope that the big ones on your list (eg get married) come through for you! It seems others have the wedding knitting covered. A potluck feast sounds like a great idea – can you delegate someone to deal with organising the right mix of foods? Surely one of your friends there can do that and you have someone who loves making and decorating cakes?
    My resolution sounds small but is big – to survive the coming year of much excitement and challenges.
    .-= lynne s of oz´s last blog post …Tawny frogmouths =-.