…the one with all the places to knit.
Photo of Chinatown on Sunday during the New Year firecrackers and Dragon Dancers – R and Dave went, I stayed home because I wasn’t feeling up to the crowds.
There wasn’t an official topic again this week so our little group of rebels are doing our own thing. Carole suggested a list of our Ten Favorite Places to Knit so…
1. The couch. I can spread out, I have my stuff, my laptop, my remote and my project and all is well (and lately I’ve added a cup warmer to the end table so my tea is still hot even if I forget I have it). This is where I’m doing the bulk of my Olympic knitting – two more inches on the back so far!
2. The car while waiting at the bank drive through or waiting for R to be done in a boy store (you know – auto parts, hardware, etc.) or at a red light when I’ve been particularly desperate to finish a project.
3. Restaurants. As soon as I pull out the project, the waitress shows up with dinner. It’s magical. ;o)
4. Knit night – though I have to work on the simple projects since I get distracted easily and mess up cables, etc.
5. My new knit night – I’m starting up a group in Great Barrington beginning in March. I have to check one more thing but I’m pretty sure it’ll be a go. (no, I’m not stopping going to my other knit night) ;o)
6. Sitting by the campfire. Though I usually need a light to knit by.
7. At a car show – I get very interesting questions asked of me when the car guys see me with the needles.
8. My porch during a spring rain – it smells wonderful and the sound of rain on the roof is so soothing.
9. Before we found a better internet provider (we don’t get DSL out here in the woods), I used to enjoy knitting at my desk while waiting for a site to download. Now, I knit at my desk when I need a break from adding 2+2.
10. Movie theaters while waiting for the movie to start (though we don’t go out to the movies much). It really makes the time go by faster.
There’s my list! Tell me, where are your favorite places to knit?