…the one with all the magazines – and the thank-you’s.

Before we get started, let me thank you all for your virtual hugs and well-wishes.  They are very much appreciated.  :o)

I can’t help but hear Jamie’s voice in my head saying, “Jessticle, don’t cry for me, babe, I just jammed with Bradley Nowell [from Sublime]!  I’m having a f*cking BLAST!  The best part?  The beer just SHOWS UP next to me!  No one has to get one for me cuz the crazy groupies won’t let me get to the bar!”  (yep, he called me Jessticle – and yes, it rhymes with ‘testicle’ and no, no one else is allowed to call me that.  You know, in case you’re wondering.)

Jamie Dave

*sigh* Missing him a lot right now (and I promise, this will be the last post with this sadness – for a while, at least).  But ANYway…

This week, our directive is our 10 Favorite Magazines.  Ready?  Okay, in no particular order:

1.  Martha Stewart Weddings (don’t judge me.)

2.  Real Simple – I love their quick weeknight meal suggestions that come with a list n stuff and they try out makeup and shoes and other things and tell you what sucks and what doesn’t. *love* that.

3.  Interweave Knits

4.  Spin Off

5.  Piecework

6.  Martha Stewart (still, no judging)

7.  Everyday Food (okay maybe I have a problem with Martha Stewart magazines…)

8.  US! Weekly (yep, I’m a gossip whore, who knew?)

9.  People Magazine

10.  PC Mag (cuz I tend to lean to the geek too)

A bit eclectic, yes?  ;o)  So tell me, what are your 10 favorites?

24 Responses to Ten on Tuesday…

• I’m sorry about the loss of your friend. It is not an easy thing to cope with.
    Mags? In no particular order 12 that I read or used to read regularly
    Interweave Knits
    Spin Out
    Piecework
    Gardening Australia (Oz, hello!)
    Organic Gardening (Oz)
    Burke’s Backyard (Oz)
    Owner Builder (Oz)
    ReNew (Oz)
    Green Home (US – eye candy!)
    Mother Earth
    New Scientist
    40 degrees South (Oz, Tasmania to be precise)
    I think that gives an idea of my interests! LOL
    .-= lynne s of oz´s last blog post …Update – arcane medical stuff =-.

• Diane H K says:

It’s good to honor and to mourn a loss. I lost my beloved llama to cancer in February, a family friend last week, and nearly lost my eldest ewe over the weekend (she’s holding steady now, thanks to modern veterinary medicine) and at this point I can’t hold in the sorrow. It’s best not to, anyway.

I have a love/hate thing with Martha Stewart too. Thus and so:

Interweave Knits
    Spin-Off
    Vogue Knitting
    Martha Stewart Living
    Everyday Food
    Mother Earth
    Craft
    National Geographic
    Victoria (which is weird but I can’t stop reading it)
    MacAddict (before it became MacLife)

• Diane H K says:

I commented, then edited to correct a spelling, and was advised that my comment is now Spam. Alas!

I like the Martha Stewart magazines, too, but they aren’t my favorites because they are too big to read comfortably in bed.
    .-= Carole´s last blog post …Easter Celebration =-.

Confession: I pick up any Martha Stewart magazine that is on the library magazine recycling shelf. I also pick up Car and Driver. What do these have in common? Great photography!
    .-= Karen´s last blog post …Freaking Amazing =-.

• Donna says:

I’m so sorry about the loss of your friend. That is just heartbraking. Big hugs going out to you…..

Magazines – Hobby Farm and Hobby Farm Home, Mother Earth News, Spin Off (obviously).
    .-= Donna´s last blog post …Hoppy Easter =-.

• Chris says:

Being sad is perfectly ok…

Um, magazines. Probably just Minnesota Monthly and Gluten-Free Living. IWK lost me a few issues ago.
    .-= Chris´s last blog post …Ebook Giveaway: Like Coffee and Doughnuts by Elle Parker =-.

I’m sorry I didn’t see this earlier. The loss of a friend is deep and intense. I’m sorry you are faced with this, though I’m glad you and RR are able to find strength in each other. All my hugs.

• Kitten says:

So you don’t want all of Knitvana to show up at your Martha Stewart wedding and hump your leg?
    Listen to the voice – it will bring you comfort later. People who really live like that never fade away.
    .-= Kitten´s last blog post …UPDATES, yo. =-.

• Sairy says:

Yeah I’m a total Martha whore too.

But that was a given.

• Kat says:

Only magazine I love is Smithsonian. I also get Real Simple and Interweave Knits, but I doubt I will renew when those subscriptions come due. Just not enough substance there for me any more.
    .-= Kat´s last blog post …Happy Easter =-.

• Hillary says:

Great list. I’m with you on most of it. There’s no shame in loving Martha mags. She just knows her stuff.
    .-= Hillary´s last blog post …Ten on Tuesday – 10 Magazines You Love =-.

Martha?

Really?

Oh, honey, after that wedding thingy, we are going to talk. There may even be some shaking involved. :p

xo
    .-= Cookie´s last blog post …Where I pretend to be a blogger =-.

• Lynda/Knittogether says:

I only regularly read 3 magazines, InStyle, Food Network Magazine, and Interweave Knits. Unless you count online mags, then add Twist Collective and Knitty :)

• Amy Darsie says:

Let’s see ..

– Interweave Knits
    – Spin Off
    – Cook’s Country
    – Real Simple
    – Food and Wine
    – Craft
    – ReadyMade
    – Better Homes and Gardens
    – Consumer Reports (I never make a huge purchase without consulting this!)
    – Runner’s World (a new favorite.)
    .-= Amy Darsie´s last blog post …FO: Magic Footies =-.

• jill says:

Use to love Cooking Light, but the format has changed – not for the better.
    Coastal Living and Architectural Digest – just so pretty.
    Martha – especially the October issue.
    Big guilty pleasure: Vanity Fair
    And online: Salon, Wired, Twist Collective, Knitty

• (((hugs))))) I am sorry that I didn’t see your post earlier. You can honor him all you want here, its your place. xo

Also I don’t even know if I can come up with 10 magazines.
    .-= Heather @Domestic Extraordinaire´s last blog post …Looking into those eyes =-.

• He sounds awesome and you can talk about him as much as you like!

Interweave Knits and Real Simple are it for me. Catalogs are another story. Do a Ten on that and I’ll make mine a full post.

Jessticle! WHOOP! Sorry. Just that once, I promise. I sometimes call Wesley, Wesicles.
    .-= Laurie (Moo!)´s last blog post …Wordless Wednesday – Ouch =-.

• delurking. I’ve just happened upon your blog a couple of weeks ago. I’m a notorius lurker.

I’m terribly sorry about the passing of your friend. There is never a quick recovery from a sudden loss. [[hugs]]

My Top Magazine List – in no particular order….

*Bitch
    *Bust
    *Ms.
    *Verena
    *Twist Collective
    *Knitty
    *Architectural Digest
    *Martha Stewart Living
    *Cooks Illustrated

>^.^<

• Kym says:

Mostly I read gardening magazines. But I’m a closet-Martha fan. She’s got it going on, that’s for sure. I also like Atlantic Monthly, for when I’m in a serious mood. Or The Week, for when I need my news in soundbite form. Oh, and I read People at the hair salon. . . (no judging, now)
    .-= Kym´s last blog post …No Such Thing as Too Many Candles =-.

• Stacy Buhl says:

Hi Jess, First of all, I just checked out your FO’s on Rav. You never run out of socks, do you??? I guess that’s something I should try at some point. Second, I like Martha Stewart’s mag, too. Although I really don’t like Matha Stewart, so….no judgments. Hope you’re feeling better soon, I know it will take some time.

Stacy

• Doris says:

I am appaarently a gossip whore too. I love my knitting and spinning magazines, and Consumer Reports, and Traverse Magazine (a local mag about the area in Michigan we have a summer home in). But I love to curl up with People and get my gossip fix.

• naomi says:

Hmmmm, 10 magazines? IK, Spin-Off, The New Yorker, National Geographic, Piecework…. Science, I guess, and maybe Cell, and The Scientist, Knitty, and Twist Collective if I count online-only ones.
    .-= naomi´s last blog post …eye candy friday =-.

• It’s ok to mourn your friend, Jessa. I know it’s hard to hear, but really, it’s part of the process. I’d love to hear more about him. Feel free to email me if you need to let stuff out. (Can I get non-stop Magners Hard Cider up there, instead of beer? lol)
    .-= Sunflowerfairy´s last blog post …Ooopsie! =-.