…the one where Carole picks our brains for good ideas of what she should bring camping this summer. ;o)
This week, our directive is ’10 Things to Bring on a Camping Trip’. Ready?
1. Marshmallows (and chocolate and graham crackers).
2. Clothespins. You’ll always need to hang up something wet or damp or clip down a tent something.
3. A wireless television (oh I am going to get mocked for this one). Back when R was working for the Evil Empire, he had a bunch of OT that we traded for a wireless TV. The ‘brain’ gets hooked up to the cable and the screen can be plugged in or has a battery so you can watch TV next to the campfire. What? A girl can’t miss Dr. Who even when she’s stuck out in …nature. Shut up.
4. Your camera. Does this one need explaining?
5. Your tent? Shelter is key. (we have a camper but a tent will work just fine)
6. Your knitting!
7. Also, your spinning wheel (if you spin).
8. A book – or, if you’re like me, your Sony Reader with most of your e-book library on it.
9. Your iPhone or cell phone – the kind that have GPS independent of cell service – so if you get lost on your nature hike (*shudder*) you can find your way back to some semblance of civilization.
10. Would it be overkill to bring a netbook too? What?!
Okay that’s my list – what do you like to bring on a camping trip?
The pictures? Those are two more skeins of TdF spinning done – top one is New Day/Corriedale/244 yds, bottom is Myrtle/Dark BFL/232 yds