…the one with all the thanks.
This week, our directive is 10 Things You Love About Thanksgiving. Ready?
1. No need to stress over whether someone will like the present you got for them – it’s all about the food!
2. The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade – love it!
3. The dog show that comes on right after!
4. Cooking. I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I feel like I’m channeling my paternal grandmother (well, until it’s time to make the gravy, then she gets kicked out. No lumps in MY gravy!) , she used to put out an amazing feast when I was a kid. We have hosted Thanksgiving almost every year since I moved in with RR 10 years ago. This will be our first as a married couple but something tells me the turkey is going to taste just as good! ;o)
5. Gravy. I really, really love gravy.
6. Pulling out the china that used to belong to my grandmother – and this year because I had to buy a bunch of red glass for wedding centerpieces, we’ll have glasses that match the ones she used when I was little. I can’t wait!
7. Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Enough said.
8. The pies! I’ll take one of each, please! I’ll worry about the calories tomorrow!
9. The fact that, between finishing the porch and the woodstove, Dad won’t be complaining that he’s cold. Last year we had it up to 80. ;o)
Okay that’s my 10 – what are your favorite things about Thanksgiving?
The photo is from my ‘other’ fiber group meeting last week – Matt (yes, he knits and yes, he’s taken. Sorry ladies!) was looking at my handspun and I asked him if he’d model a baby hat I just finished. This is the result. It’s entitled, “you MAKE yarn?!” Doesn’t he look like a deranged elf? ;op