…the one with all the snacks.

This week, our directive is 10 Favorite Snacks – since snacking seems to be one of my hobbies, this should be pretty easy!

1.  Popcorn – I’m not supposed to eat it because of all the dental work but I just can’t stop.  I throw two handfuls and a drizzle of oil in a paper lunch sack, microwave for two minutes and voila!  Quick, easy and none of those lovely chemicals I can’t pronounce that are in the microwave stuff.  ;o)

2.  Tic Tacs – I know they aren’t a snack but I eat them to survive when the blood sugar dips

3.  Fruit Leather/Fruit Strips whatever you want to call it, I try to get the mostly fruit, nothing weird kind

4.  Cheese Puffs – I actually cannot buy a large bag of these, I can only get the snack kind because I’ll sit down and eat the whole. thing.

5.  Same with Doritos.

6.  3 Girl Scout cookies and a cup of tea

7.  Greek yogurt with a bit of granola

8.  Yogurt and grapes or apples

9.  Cheese & Crackers

10.  Pringles – the Dill Pickle flavor is a personal favorite

I know there are more but I’m stopping at 10 – what are your favorite snacks?

14 Responses to Ten on Tuesday…

I love Pringles but I’ve never tried the flavored ones. I may have to change that!
    Carole’s last post …Maggie’s Kitchen Potholder

• Tamara says:

Yum! I love snacks too! I didn’t know you could make your own microwave popcorn! So cool!
    Tamara’s last post …Spinning Sushi

• Carol says:

Brownies and a glass of orange juice. Which my son ate the other day so at least I am not the only weirdo anymore.

• Amy says:

We are such kindred snacking spirits! I love every item on your list and I am definitely going to try your popcorn technique – it sounds fabulous and I love that it doesn’t have any of the scientific experiment stuff in it.
    Amy’s last post …Ten on Tuesday

• I stuck to a “healthy” theme, but much of your list would be on mine if I hadn’t restricted myself :-) Although somehow I managed to forget to include popcorn, even though we’ve been eating it fairly regularly lately. DH and I are addicted to the Natural White Cheddar Cheetos, though they don’t come in snack size bags so I try really hard to not bring them home from the store, LOL!
    Kristi aka FiberFool’s last post …10 on Tuesday- Favorite Snacks

• Beverly says:

I ALWAYS take three cookies (unless they are huge bakery cookies). That’s what my mom would give me as an after-school snack!!
    Beverly’s last post …Ten on Tuesday- Snack Edition

Did you know the Doritos people have brought back the taco flavor for a limited time? Taco salad for everyone!

/ahem
    Cookie’s last post …Dont judge the blocking

Yes…popcorn!!! A few years ago, our grocery carried these amazing gourmet cheese puffs for a while. They spoiled me on cheese puffs forever, and now I can’t find them. :-( Never been a Pringles fan. I remember one very long car ride from Charlotte, NC, to Myrtle Beach with a friend’s family where the only thing to eat was Pringles and cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches which I also didn’t like. Bleh… :-)
    Laurie’s last post …Ten on Tuesday – 10 Favorite Snacks

• Angie says:

Nice list and thanks for the popcorn recipe! I didn’t know you could DO that. ;D

• Allison says:

I didn’t know about that trick with the popcorn.. got to try it this weekend! and I, too depend on tic-tacs for those low blood sugar emergencies…
    Allison’s last post …Another Book Report

• Robby says:

I love hot brownies with vanilla ice cream. Mmmm.

• Dobby says:

Whoops. I meant to type Dobby. Not Robby. Lol

• Nicole says:

No pickle-flavored chips for me, but I’m with you on the cheese puffs!
    Nicole’s last post …Wanted- Focus Inquire Within

• Luciana says:

Thank you for the popcorn microwave “recipe”. I’ll certainly try it out.
    I love popcorn too. I usually make it the old-fashioned way (in a pot) to avoid the chemical stuff in the microwave kind, but your tip is great and will save me lots of hassle next time.
    My fav snacks certainly include, in addition to popcorn: Doritos (only “nachos” for me), lavash grain crackers, cashews, peanuts, yogurt with granola, bananas, clementines, cream cheese on toast, corn flakes (weird, I know).