Sometimes…

…you have to say goodbye.

Happy Dawg

If you follow me on Facebook, you already know but I wanted to share with the blog since she has been a big part of it all.

We had to say goodbye to our Beanie on Thursday, her body had just stopped working. We had over 14 years with her but we will still miss her very, very much. :’o(

37 thoughts on “Sometimes…

1. What a wonderful smile Beanie had. So sorry that your pup has passed away, sounds like she had a well-loved life.

2. Melanie says:

I am very sorry for your loss. May she roam the Summerland until you see can her again.

3. Gah. That picture just made me cry, but in a good way. She was a beautiful girl, and a sweetheart. I’m glad I got to meet her and spend time with her now and then over the years. I’ll miss her stubular wiggly tail. My condolances on your loss, all of you.

4. Manise says:

I’m so sorry Jess. It’s so hard losing our furry friends! Beanie was a cutie. Hugs.

5. Stephen Chast says:

It always tears me up to love a beloved pet, so I can understand what you must feel for your loss of Beanie. She was well-loved & cared for and could not have had a better owner. If there is a such thing as the hereafter, you know that she’s missing you too.

6. Dobby says:

She was such a wonderful and smart dog. I still remember the day she managed to get the cover off your coffee cup without spilling a drop…and then drank it all!!! She would always sit right where her necklace would keep beeping until it died and then run through the electric fence. I also remember the very first day Jazzy came to live with us..boyyy was beanie mad. But then she got over it and finally accepted her. I loved her sooo much. But I know she is in a better place and isn’t suffering anymore. She will always be in my heart and always be a big part of my life!!!

7. Josee says:

I’m so sorry for your loss… her picture shows she was loved and that she loved you back. ((( HUGS )))

8. Karen Lauterwasser says:

So sorry for your loss. What a dear little creature! I am a big fan of smallish dogs (mine is a Shiba Inu -not as small as Beanie, but not big enough to push me around). I have always had either black dogs or “black and tan” dogs – I just love the expressive little faces that come along with the black and tan markings.

Knit on!

9. I’m very behind on my blog reading. I’m so sorry to hear about your dear pup. I hope the wound is beginning to heal by now, but . . . I know from my own personal losses that the heart never fully recovers. This is my favorite quote. . . about dear dogs . . . in heaven:

“God turns clouds inside out to make fluffy beds for the dogs in Dog Heaven, and when they are tired from running and barking and eating ham-sandwich biscuits, the dogs find a cloud bed for sleeping. God watches over each one of them. And there are no bad dreams.” — Cynthia Rylant

Keeping you in my thoughts!
    Kym’s last post …So Smart and So Done

10. My heart is with you…we sent our beloved border collie, Wilbur, home yesterday afternoon. My husband and I are the ones wandering around with the lost looks in our eyes right now, but we take comfort in the fact we gave him the best life imaginable, did all we could to help him…and knew when to say “it’s time”. I know Beanie felt similarly loved and cherished – you can tell by the smile!
    Laurie’s last post …These are not normal days

Comments are closed.