…the one with all the September.
(I’m not quite ready to put up a photo of fall leaves so you get a photo of my travel sock – the ones I’ve been working on since BEFORE THE WEDDING – since it’s all autumn-y)
This week, our directive is ’10 Things You Love About September’ – ready?
1. It’s the beginning of the Fall fiber festivals! The Southern Adirondack festival is Sept 22 & 23 and I cannot wait! (yes, I’ll be there with my own booth!)
2. The days are still warm but the nights are perfect for sleeping – I think we’re going to be in the 50’s at night this week but 80’s during the day and I *love* it
3. Bye-bye humidity!
4. I can sit with a lap full of knitting and not sweat to death.
5. The kids are back to school which means going grocery shopping is a little less noisy (yes, I also regularly shake my fist and yell, ‘you kids! get off my lawn!)
6. It’s almost my wedding anniversary!
7. It’s cool enough at night to break out the handknits – I’m loving my socks these days!
8. Salted Caramel Lattes are back at Starbucks – I know you can ask for them year-round but now they have the salt for the top!
9. Hopefully the grass will grow more slowly now so it will take a little longer for it to be long enough for the neighbors to give us ‘that look’ (R is so busy these days, we’re lucky if he can mow once every three weeks!)
10. Fall is my favorite season, and I’m happy to be at the beginning of it!
Those are my 10 – what are the things you love about September?
ETA: Cookie asked how long I’ve been working on these socks – well…since July 2010, at least. Oops.