I’ve been staring at that title for ten minutes. Because I don’t really know what to say.

This week is my 10 year blog anniversary – 10 years since I posted this post that started it all. However, last year I only posted three times. 3. Can you say you’ve been blogging for 10 years when you only posted 3 times (and 2 were posts about your 9 year anniversary) during the past year? This is my conundrum.

I post so much on Instagram and Facebook (and Twitter gets my IG auto-posts) that posting here is an afterthought. I think about it and then I’m like…why bother? How many times do people really want to hear about my latest knitting project or cross stitch (I’m cross stitching again, by the way) or how many socks I cranked on a Sunday afternoon (since my boss finally gives me 1 day a week off). I don’t want to flood social media and make you all sick of me. So I don’t post here.

I know I should. Maybe I should post here when I finish a project and put all of the IG pics in one spot? At least then I’d have a record…oh wait, I have Ravelry for that.

Maybe I should post about my shows and getting ready for them etc. …but wait, do you guys really want to hear about how I was sewing for 14 hours a day and RR was ironing and cutting interfacing?

How much navel-gazing can one introverted, slightly shy girl do, anyway?

Sigh.

Here’s another reason I don’t update much – I began this post, my computer locked up, I had to scan it then install 25 (!) updates. I dug out my iPad keyboard, installed the WordPress app and…it wouldn’t let me log in. SO now I’m typing this on my iPad in the browser hoping nothing crashes before it saves my draft while my desktop is on update 7 of 25. I’m ready to smash something.

so ANYWAY….

Since it is an anniversary of me reserving jessaluknits.com and writing a post…I’m going to do my usual Hobbit birthday-esque don’t-give-me-a-gift-I’ll-give-you-one if you comment you have a chance to win something thing. ;o)  and if you tell your friends and they mention you in the comment, you get another chance. Tweets get 1 chance plus if you are mentioned, a second chance. Let’s keep the tweets to 3 per day though, ok? Spaced out nicely throughout the day, too, not all posted at once. ;o)

Up first! $25 towards the bag of your choice from my shop! If we get to 50 comments, I’ll add a second prize drawing! We went over the 50 mark so there will be 2 drawings for $25 towards the bag of your choice!

Currently making zipper pulls for this pile -these will be heading out to Minds Eye Yarns in Cambridge, MA today! #stitchedbyjessalu #projectbags #handmade

Comments are now closed! Thank you everyone! Winners posted  in my 2/23/2015 blog post – good luck!

58 Responses to Ten.

• Viki says:

Congratulations on ten years. You may not be posting as much but I use Feedly so it just pops up when you do. I enjoy instagram and twitter but there is something to be said about the longer form of the blog post. It’s like reading an ongoing biography.

You could post more often. We’d all be here reading the updates on knitting and sock cranking and show prepping and cross stitching and whatever elsing you’re doing. Just sayin. 10 years is an accomplishment and I offer you hearty congrats on keeping at it!
    Carole’s last post …Eye Candy Friday

• Debbie says:

Congrats on ten years! You should definitely keep posting!

• Kristine says:

i say that ten years is ten years: social media has evolved a lot during that time, and so you are still documenting your life, just a little different way than you did when you started :) so happy ten years, girly! thanks for all the smiles you’ve brought me in the various said social media spaces of the interwebs :)
    Kristine’s last post …Episode 47: gamingislove

I know the feeling, and I’m linking my diabetes blog to this comment since I don’t post to my knitting blog anymore. :( But I’ll always stop by and read your posts here, no matter how infrequent. Also, you have to stop sewing such cute bags because I want to buy them all!!
    Karen’s last post …Much Too Much . . . . .

• Chris says:

Happy blogiversary!! Ah, the great era of the knitting blogs is now passing into memory… :(
    Chris’s last post …It’s linkity time! Do you know where your space probe is?

• Rachel says:

Congratulations on 10 years! I love reading blogs and I’m sad that people don’t update as often anymore. Not that I’m any better. I also rely on Twitter & Instagram and never seem to find the time to make full-fledged blog posts.

• Hattie says:

All the same reasons I find blogging kind of pointless these days, although I keep trying to do it because I miss it, but I keep forgetting because I post everything elsewhere! Congrats though!

• Wendy says:

Congratulations! Here’s to ten times ten more glorious years!

• Celebrating a full decade of life, fiber and fun! Congratulations on your milestone.

• Erin Underhill says:

Happy Blogiversary!!! 10 years is a big deal even if posting has tapered.

• Jana says:

I love your blog and bags. Congratulations on 10 years.

• Jenni says:

Congrats on 10 years! That’s amazing! And yes, it totally counts even if you only posted 3 tines last year. Who’s counting? ;)

• Shannan says:

Happy Blogiversary! Congrats on 10 years of blogging!

• Patti says:

Congrats on 10 years!

• Birdsong says:

Happy Anniversary! I gave up blogging a few years back tor the same reasons, including using mobile devices more for private online access. I am glad you are out there, though, and that we met through blogging.

• Therese says:

Congrats on sticking with it. Social media really has done a number on actual blogs- I admire your fortitude.

• Michelle says:

happy blogday! You can post the same thing in a hundred places. Not everyone likes FaceBook or Instagram, so you never know when your navel gazing or quick photo update is a happy surprise in someone’s day. Then again, as mentioned above, I use Feedly, so even if you only post once a year, I will be here to see it.

• Kate says:

Congratulations on 10 years, no matter how much (or little) you post! And I’d love to see “see what I’m knitting” posts as they help me get motivated to get stuff done! Tagging my friends Jill and Tasha for enabling me!

• Jen says:

Happy blogiversary! :)

• Mandi says:

Congratulations on 10 years!

• Mary says:

Congratulations on 10 years! That is quite an accomplishment.
    Happy Blogiversary!!

• Christine says:

Congratulations on 10 years!

• CatieP says:

Congratulations on 10 years – I adore your bags and hope to someday manage to come to a show where you are vending…

• Bryn Nowell says:

Holy cow! Ten years?! Way to go JessaLu! It’s a testament to your incredible craftsmanship and talent!

Congratulations, Jess! Chappysmom would have been 10 last month if it hadn’t been murdered by some weird virus thing. It makes me nostalgic but also happy to see friends making THEIR milestone!
    –Deb’s last post …Review: Pick Your Stitch, Build Your Blanket

• Bryn Nowell says:

Holy cow! Ten years! Congrats to you and cheers to many more!
    Bryn Nowell’s last post …Bean’s Bodacious Bounce to Blogging

• Jill Parisher says:

My mother is seriously gleeful about her bag. Yay!

• Judy11 says:

Congrats on 10 years of blogging. I need to search you out on Twitter & IG, not sure I am following you there. Love my JessaLu bags and have enjoyed the opportunity to meet you at fiber festivals!!

• Kris says:

Congrats on 10 years!!! Way to go!

• Laurie faria says:

Ten years???? Wow! That’s awesome! I think I own at least 10 of your bags…

• Congrats, JessaLu! I’m not sure if I posted three times last year. I haven’t posted yet this year (darn host keeps corrupting my database). But I say any excuse for a party! :-)

• Julie says:

Congrats on 10 yrs!! Tagging my sister, Jill Parisher!

• Sherry says:

Congratulations on 10 years. wow. I have been eyeing your bags for a while now. hopefully I can get one or two someday. Thanks for the chance to win one. I also shared on facebook .

• Kurt Barbieri says:

Congrats on 10 years. The RPSLS bag was I hit!

• Amy says:

Love seeing all your fun stuff in IG even if you’re not posting as much. Happy Anniversary!!

• KerryB says:

Congratulations on 10 years! I am so happy to have found you several years ago and you make my favorite knitting bags. Here’s to the next 10!

• margene says:

It must be 11 years for me next month. It just doesn’t seem that long ago.. So much has changed over the years. It’s amazing anyone is still around. Ah, I hold good memories of halcyon days of blogging.. Congratulations, Jessa Lu, I hope you blog a little more often this year.
    margene’s last post …Words In the Wild

• Tracey says:

Congrats on your 10 year anniversary! What a great accomplishment!

• Jo-Ann says:

Congratulations! I say you get to celebrate, and that you need to blog more often ;)

• vaughnknitter says:

Your bags are adorable….perfect blend of geekery and craftiness. 10 years of anything is a big deal in my book. Congrats

• Tanya says:

Huge congrats! I use my JessaLu bags year round, almost every week. And they still look brand new! May you have many more years, sharing your beautiful creations with the world!

• Maeghan says:

Congratulations on 10 years! It is a big deal and you should totally celebrate even if you don’t’ post here that much anymore. :-)

• Gale Longley says:

Ten year’s is a long time to keepup with everthing.. I sometime’s find to hard to read everythng on all the social net works. I don’t like taking time away from my knitting, the dishes can stay in the sink

• Iris says:

Happy Blogiversary! Congratulations on 10 years!!

• Margaret says:

I’m a recent fan of your bags (also a Firefly fan) but can’t even remember how I first came across your sales website. Then I saw a reference to your instagram account so started following that – I’m big on pictures. So here I am, coming backwards to your blog for the first time. I’m big on story-telling, too, and will definitely be looking at your earlier posts. Should you give it up? I think it depends on whether you want sometimes to say more than you can in Twitter or Instagram. A blog is more reflective just by saying more. – a cup of tea instead of an espresso. Whatever you decide, I will enjoy what you have posted so far. Congratulations on all you do (including your cross-stitching – lovely work)!

• Shweta says:

Congratulations! I remember meeting you once in Seamen’s Church in NY, about 5-6yrs ago. I have been following your journey since then. Good going and keep it up. Take Care.
    Shweta’s last post …Review: Polaroid 4-piece close up camera lens filter kit

• Melissa says:

Congratulations. I would say that I’d love you to blog about things you’ve posted elsewhere. I don’t generally follow either twitter or IG so I don’t see or hear what you’ve done without your posts here. Good luck.

• Josee says:

I’m glad you still do post sometimes on the blog, I find it easier to follow a blog than Twitter or Facebook… but it has to work for you. Whatever you decide to do from here on out, you’ve got my support.

So, 10 years, eh? That’s awesome. Congratulations! :D

• KnitterKitter says:

Congratulations on 10 years! I LOVE all of my Stitched by JessaLu bags and hope that you continue to share your beautiful creations for many years to come!

• Michelle Miltiades says:

That’s awesome!! Congrats on your 10 years!!

• Sarah says:

Congratulations on ten years! And please keep posting! <3

• Leanne says:

Happy blogaversary!!!!

• Congratulations on ten years! I love to read about other small business owners so post away!

• Anne says:

Happy Blogiversary!

• Carolyn says:

Happy blog anniversary! I struggle with keeping my blog updated regularly so I totally understand.
    Carolyn’s last post …My Week in Pictures – Week 50

• Sarah says:

Congratulations on 10 years! It was 4 years ago (almost exactly) that I found your Etsy shop and bought my first bag. I’ve been a huge fan ever since and made sure that all of my friends had some, too! I was never very good at keeping up a blog, but I’ve always loved reading them! Here’s to ten more years!

• Nadia says:

Congrats on 10 years of blogging! I love the tardis fabric I spy in your bags!