…are done. That’s all that matters. ;op
Project: 3×1 Ribbed CSM socks
Yarn: Lorna’s Laces Sugarplum (the limited edition Jimmy Beans Wool color)
Needles: 72 stitch cylinder
Time to knit: Two hours. hehehe ;o)
My current gift sock progress:
There are five socks there. I’m not sure how many I need to make yet, maybe another two pair? (yes, I need to vacuum. I’ll do it on Saturday. Okay maybe I’ll put the Roomba in there later, this is kind of embarrassing.)
…this past weekend but what I did make on the CSM is still pretty cool:
Fingerless mitts. How cool is that?! Last week I found the pattern here (you have to email and ask for it) and finally had time to sit and play on Saturday. FOUR. HOURS. (and one severe temper tantrum) later, I had these. They’re warm and squishy an have 10% cashmere and I love them.
Yarn: Hand Maiden Casbah (holy heart attack batman, I thought for sure that my machine would eat it just because it has cashmere in it); Colorway ‘Seastorm’
Gauge: uhm…the middle line on the machine using the 54 needle cylinder. I finished the thumb by transferring the stitches to a size 1 needle, knitting four rows of 1×1 rib, cast off and stitched the thumb together with the tail. I also transferred the top stitches to a size 1 needle and cast off that way. I could have cast off with the waste still attached with no transfer but I didn’t want to have to learn something else new, my brain couldn’t handle it at that point. ;op
In other NaKniSweMo news…St. Patrick did some major damage to my hands last night so he’s on time out. I think I have to try to do something a little less cable-y for this month’s challenge so I’m doing some quick thinking and stash diving. I still have 20 days so I’m not worried, the sweater I’m going to make is knit on 8s which is bigger gauge than my Olympic Sweater that I finished in 16 days AND that one had a hood.
…you’re gonna hate me now. ;o)
After knitting three pairs in a day on Thursday of last week I knit one more pair on my 54 stitch cylinder with a picot edge:
(Mega Boots Stretch is the yarn and I just realized that there’s fuzz stuck to them in the picture…sorry) and after that, decided to get more daring in my sock knitting on the CSM. I switched to the 72 stitch cylinder and prepared to tackle my nemesis. The ribber.
I kicked that ribber’s ass this weekend. Three times.
From Left to Right:
1. Autumn House Farms Super Merino in “Moss Aget” (that’s what’s written on the tag. I swear. I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to be Agate.) in a 3x1x1 rib – sorry for the fuzzy pic…these did not want to be photographed this morning.
2. Austermann Step in a 3×1 rib
3. Fannie’s Fingering Weight in “Rhapsody” in a 3×1 rib
I decided that I like the 3x1x1 rib – kind of reminiscent of the Yarrow Ribbed sock from Vintage socks. I’ll be making more of these. Possibly even today…
Don’t hate me cuz I’m prolific, k? ;o)
…the one with all the socks. ;o)
Yesterday, I decided I wanted to channel a bit of Cookie into my knitting. I had the pink yarn but needed some way to up my speed. I decided the only way I could come close to her speed was to break out the CSM. ;op I finally managed to get to cranking at about noon and by bedtime I had these all finished:
From left to right:
1. Chameleon Colorworks ‘Evolution’ yarn in the colorway Flamingo Sunrise (these are quite possible the softest socks EVER.)
2. Chewy Spaghetti ‘Spaghettoni II’ in the colorway Sultry
3. Steam Valley Fiber Hand Dyed Sock Yarn, no colorway listed. (purchased at Rhinebeck ’08)
Not bad for a day’s work. This is my favorite kind of eye candy! ;o)