…it’s been a long time, hasn’t it? About 2 years…crazy. So last year, I ended up not doing a blog contest because my house was falling down around me (okay, not ALL of my house, just the ceiling in the upstairs hallway) and we ended up doing an extensive redo of the upstairs hall on the same weekend as
my anniversary. I reupped my hosting and then completely forgot until mid-summer then felt like an idiot to do an anniversary contest then for an anniversary in February, so I put it off again. (well, I had surgery, then a tick thing, then fall shows, then christmas sales and a sideways tooth extraction, it was crazy.)
So here I am again, on my blog anniversary again, wondering why the hell I don’t sit down and write like this more often. It’s so easy to pop off a quick post on instagram or facebook that I have completely abandoned blogging and I shouldn’t. This is the spot where I write my own personal story and I need to do that more often. Call me a narcissistic navel-gazer, but I think my anxiety and depression were better when I typed out what was going on so I’m going to try to give this a go again. Beginning with an anniversary contest for my 12th year of paying for blog hosting. ;) That post will be up in a day or so so get ready, I’ll be running it with the old rules, if you share the link and someone mentions you in the comments, you’ll get more entries!
See you soon!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! A big thank you to everyone who Instagrammed, Tweeted, Facebooked and commented on my anniversary post – I read each and every one and they are wonderful!
Quite a few of you said you would like to see me blog more – and I will try. I worry about talking about the same thing too much, but I guess here I will add more commentary and more story to the quick pictures I post elsewhere. :o)
Speaking of pictures…I do have a couple that I haven’t shared anywhere else. R received a package in the mail the other day – this is rare, I’m usually the one to get fun packages (with YARN in them, get your minds out of the gutter ;op) and you can see how happy he is to get something that’s for him in this pic:
Look! A dimple, even! What was in the package?
A nice warm slouchy hat knit for him by our Cookie! Love! It even matches his eyes ;o) He’s barely taken it off since – it’s kind of awesome :o)
So you guys probably aren’t here just for the hat…right? You want to know who won, too! Okay then!
I put all of the entries into a spreadsheet and did the random number thing – and here are the winners!
and Winner #2:
Congrats to you both!! Emails will be going out to both of you in the morning!! (it’s 1am here…no email from me will make any sense right now.)
Also, speaking of the shop (each winner now can apply a $25 credit to a bag of their choice in my shop) – now that I’ve fixed what I broke on Friday (yeah. It was A Weekend.) there will be a shop update at 4pm Monday!
Thank you again for all of your comments, tweets, facebook posts and instagram reposts – you guys all helped make my 10th blogaversary awesome!
…the one with all the wishing.
I was a vendor at the WEBS tent sale/fleece market on Saturday – it was a great day and was wonderful to see everyone! This photo shows my new booth setup, my new banner logo and my new vendor tent!
This week, our directive is ’10 Things You Wish You Liked’ – ready?
1. Stevia in coffee – I’ve been trying to lose weight with a low sugar/low carb ‘life change’ (I refuse to call it a diet – and so far it’s working) and I just can’t do Stevia in my morning coffee.
2. Riding in a car for more than 2 hours – we’re supposed to be going to Indiana this summer for Pyro Convention and I’m dreading the ride there and back. Hopefully a visit to Cedar Point will help break up the ride…
3. Exercise – I’m pretty sure my aversion to it has directly contributed to my gaining 20 lbs since my wedding. Well, that and ice cream. and cupcakes.
4. Tofu – I’d like to do less meat but I really do not like Tofu. I’ve tried and tried and I just can’t
5. Soy Milk – also something I’ve tried and I can’t get past the fact that I’m drinking plants. It doesn’t help that I live in a farming community and I’m surrounded by fields of soybeans so I can’t forget where the soy milk comes from.
6. It’s not that I wish I liked them, it’s more like I wish I didn’t have a fear of tall ceilings. It pretty much nixes most concerts, sporting events held indoors, anything held in a cavernous space (Stitches East was a test of my nerves), churches, airplane hangars, etc. And yes, I know this is an odd fear and yes, the sky is fine.
7. Same goes for heights. Even heights in movies freak me out – I almost had to leave the room during Mission Impossible 4
8. Talking on the Phone – I’m such an introvert, talking on the phone for more than 10 minutes makes me feel like my brain has been liquefied. It would be so much easier if I could handle a telephone conversation.
I give up, I’ve been trying to think of 2 more things for the past hour and I just can’t! So tell me, what are the things you wish you like?
I’m heading back to the sewing machine, this weekend is Massachusetts Sheep & Wool and my bags will be in the Spunky Eclectic booth – will I see you there?
We also spent time spinning on my porch, spinning while watching Bollywood movies, laughing at (with? heh) Sangria Sairy (who does NOT like Bollywood hippies) and running around through a surprise rainstorm. It was pretty awesome. Well, excepting the rainstorm. ;o)