…Laurie, I’m honest and scrappy. Thanks, Laurie!
Since RR and I are in Maine for a few days, Jazz will be accepting this award on my behalf. The Rules, according to Wes (Laurie’s kitty) are:
The Honest Scrap Award means you must say ten honest things about yourself.
The world according to Jazz:
1. I have an evil twin and it lives in the fireplace. No one can convince me otherwise and one of these days my frantic barking will force this evilness into hiding never to be seen again.
2. Cookies are nummy.
3. I like baths – no, really, I do. Except the part where I get wet. That part sucks, but when Momma says it’s bathtime I *really* like it cuz she makes it sound so exciting!
4. Momma uses a dremel to give me a mani/pedi and I don’t mind at all. My sister (Beanie – not Dobby) hates it but I just lay on my back and watch TV ’til it’s all over.
5. My sister (Beanie – not Dobby) doesn’t like me much, she chases me all the time and when I don’t come in right away when Momma first calls me, she waits by the door and growls REALLY LOUD at me when I come in.
6. I like to chew yarn…it’s soft and fuzzy. I especially like the stuff that has cash in it…or is it mere…maybe both? Cashmere? Yeah, that’s my favorite. Momma says it’s lucky I’m cute whenever she catches me – does anyone know what exactly that means?
7. Cookies are nummy. Do you have any cookies?
8. I love my chew bone…it’s nummy. But not as nummy as cookies. Do you have any cookies?
9. When I have to go in the crate, my people turn up the radio REALLY LOUD. Can someone please tell them that I don’t like NPR and would like classic rock once in a while? thx.
10. Uhm…did someone say I’d get a cookie for making a list? I’m pretty sure I heard someone say there’d be cookies by now.
11. I’m hungry.
After all of the honesty, you pass it along to seven others.
Well, I just tagged people to do the ‘Moment in Time’ meme so I don’t think I’m going to tag anyone specifically. How about this, if you’re reading this? You’re tagged. ;o)
See you Wednesday!
Waaaay back in November, Kathy tagged me for a meme. It goes to show how far behind I was in blog reading that I didn’t know this until Saturday. (In my defense, my life kind of exploded around December 1…I’m really sorry, Kathy) The assignment is to go to your sixth picture folder, sixth picture, post it and try like heck to remember…
…yay! I remember! These are a bunch of socks I finished up on the CSM last June. They were waiting for toes – they have toes now. ;o)
I’m not doing an official tag here – let’s just say if you’re reading this, and don’t have a crapload of holiday knitting to finish, you’re tagged.
I have been having a helluva month. Business meetings with people who scream at me, clients calling me every five minutes (okay not really but it feels like it), I feel like it’s tax season already. Somebody, please, pass me the vodka. ;o)
I did manage to score a skein of yarn to finish my sweater – my friend Becky is a goddess and completely understood the importance of this skein of yarn. How do I know this? Her voicemail message to me, once she located the yarn, went a little bit like this, “hey girl – I got yer craaaack…” ;o) I drove all the way to Red Hook (like an hour from my house – one way) to pick it up from her and the irony was not lost on me when I passed the cash to her from my car while in a parking lot. ;o)) Could you imagine the conversation that would have ensued if we had been seen by someone in law enforcement? “Officer, I swear, It’s just YARN.” hehe
So now I’m like two inches away from finishing it (I’ve re-knit the sleeves THREE. TIMES. because they were too short) and I don’t have time to work on it. (see first paragraph…my life is crazy these days)
Anywho, for your amusement (and mine), I decided to post the Christmas questionnaire that’s been going around – I got mine from Carole – feel free to post it yourself and let me know so I can see your answers!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? It depends…did I finish my shopping in November or on December 24th?
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. I grew up with fake (fake because my mother did not like taking the tree down – she’s been known to hang Easter eggs on her tree to fit the current season and, one memorable year, American Flags. ) but I love real. I love the smell, candles just don’t do it, and I love the way they look and the feel that it gives a room. We have a fake one but it stays in the attic – it’s my back up tree. ;o)
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually about two weeks before Christmas – this year, ours came in last night.
4. When do you take the tree down? Right after New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? I have two words. Icky. Poo.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? One that stands out is the stereo my ‘rents gave me when I was like 10. It had two cassette decks so I could make mixed tapes (remember those?) and a turn table and a radio…so I could make mixed tapes. ;o) I must have driven them nuts with that stereo…
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad. He gets either a Sears gift card or a B&N gift card cuz I just have no idea…some years I get him a tie that he never wears (he’s a funeral director…he won’t wear anything that’s too ‘racy’ which, apparently, includes anything that is not black or grey. *sigh* One year I got him a Disney tie in shades of black and grey just to make a point…)
8. Easiest person to buy for? RR – he tells me what to buy like a month before Christmas and then promptly forgets. It’s awesome.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, some family friends bought me one when I was a child. It’s from Mexico.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? ohcrap I need to do my cards…
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My crackhead ex (NOT Mr. Potato Head, the other one) gave me some pretty stupid crap…who the hell gives their GF socks for Xmess?! Seriously. ETA: Lucia’s comment reminded me of the worst gift he ever gave me – a step workout machine. I wore a size six at the time of the gift and was borderline anorexic. I am so. happy. I dumped that guy.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – “Is your house on fire, Clark?” hee!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year long – especially if we’re on vacation. We like to shop and it’s better if we shop for others since we’ve run out of house for our crap. ;o)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yeah right like I’m going to cop to it here? I have family that read this! (but seriously, the answer would be no.)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Uhm…do I have to pick a favorite? (there’s a reason I’ve been on WW for a year, ya know)
16. Lights on the tree? Abso-flippin-lutely! Just no flashing…
17. Favorite Christmas song? It’s a Marshmallow World is one that will get me singing and Baby It’s Cold Outside is my ringtone starting the day after Thanksgiving.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home…we host Christmas for the family.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yep – been able to do that since I was five. ;o)
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Xmess Eve and the rest in the morning…the one always ends up being pajamas for some reason. ;o)
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Christmas commercials! Every kiss beings with Kay . . . need I say more? (I left Carole’s answer here because I couldn’t agree more)
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have a ‘blue and silver’ set of stuff and a ‘red and green’ set – I think this year might be red and green…
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? I already got it – my iPhone. There’ll be a bow on it come Xmess morn.
24. Angel on the tree top or a star? Since it’s a red and green year, it’ll be a bow. The angel doesn’t match.
25. Favorite Christmas dinner?That I can afford? Ham. I’ll be dreaming of beef, though, and Yorkshire pudding. ;o)
…you’ll get knits. In the meantime, I saw this meme over at CraftyLily’s and, since quoting movies is one of the many things that brought RR and I together, I decided I had to do it. Feel free to play along on your own blog and let me know if you do, k?
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie. (If you’re a quote freak like myself you don’t have to look them up…)
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.
1. Let ’em riot. We’re Sonic-f*ckin-Death Monkey.
2. What’s happenin’ hot stuff?
3. WHERE ARE MY FIREBIRD KEYS.
4. Besides, we both know that I’m training to be a cage fighter.
5. So, what would you little maniacs like to do first?
6. Could you describe the ruckus, sir?
7. Not my gum-drop buttons!
8. Generally you don’t see that kind of behavior in a major appliance.
9. You sit on a throne of lies!
10. Oh, but you can’t expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.
ETA: Here are a couple bonus ones (since there were *ahem* complaints that they were left out):
11. What the hell is a gigawatt?!?
12. Yo lunchbox, hurry it up.
…do I lose the award? ;o)
WAAAAY back in November (before the Xmess nightmare and the Tax Season nightmare), Madame Purl gave me an award! Me!
It’s the ‘You Make Me Smile’ award – and I am very flattered to be named in her list. I am now supposed to name 10 blogs that make me smile so here goes (in alphabetical order):
There are many more, trust me. My Google Reader has over 300 feeds and it was hard to narrow it down. I’m sorry if you didn’t make the list. :o( Feel free to comment on your favorite blogs that make you smile – I love adding to my RSS list!
Thank you again, M. Purl, I will endeavor to continue to make everyone smile on this here blog (I can’t guarantee it IRL, though, since I seem to ruin Dobby’s life in a regular basis. ’tis my job, you see *grin*)
Coming soon – another CPH update! With pictures! Another award! (They LIKE me!) Oh, and spinning, too!