…the one with all the stuff in my car. ;o)
This week’s directive is: “10 Things You Keep In Your Car” Ready?
- Newman’s Own Organic Ginger Mints – I have terrible motion sickness, ginger helps.
- Motion Sickness Bands – I like the Psi Bands, I’ve worn my pair on 2 long trips (Wyoming and Indiana) and they’ve worked both times
- Emergency Seatbelt Cutter/Window Breaker – I am married to a fireman ;o) In fact, there’s probably a neon yellow coat in the back of my car just in case.
- My travel sock knitting in a SbJL project bag! (I can’t believe I didn’t think of this until number 5)
- Jumper cables!
- Charger for my iPhone/iPad
- This time of year, an ice scraper is always handy
- Small canister of WD-40 – my Jeep is 10 years old, there’s always something that needs WD-40 these days
- Dowel to hold the hood up if (God forbid) I need to look under there for any reason (see above, 10 year old hydraulics don’t work so well!)
Okay that’s my list – what do you keep in your car?
(that picture up there? That’s what’s up next on the needles. 8oz of handspun Blue Suede Shoes destined to be a Beithe. The iPhone is included for scale so you can see that the ball of yarn is almost as big as my head!)
…the one with all the September.
(I’m not quite ready to put up a photo of fall leaves so you get a photo of my travel sock – the ones I’ve been working on since BEFORE THE WEDDING – since it’s all autumn-y)
This week, our directive is ’10 Things You Love About September’ – ready?
1. It’s the beginning of the Fall fiber festivals! The Southern Adirondack festival is Sept 22 & 23 and I cannot wait! (yes, I’ll be there with my own booth!)
2. The days are still warm but the nights are perfect for sleeping – I think we’re going to be in the 50’s at night this week but 80’s during the day and I *love* it
3. Bye-bye humidity!
4. I can sit with a lap full of knitting and not sweat to death.
5. The kids are back to school which means going grocery shopping is a little less noisy (yes, I also regularly shake my fist and yell, ‘you kids! get off my lawn!)
6. It’s almost my wedding anniversary!
7. It’s cool enough at night to break out the handknits – I’m loving my socks these days!
8. Salted Caramel Lattes are back at Starbucks – I know you can ask for them year-round but now they have the salt for the top!
9. Hopefully the grass will grow more slowly now so it will take a little longer for it to be long enough for the neighbors to give us ‘that look’ (R is so busy these days, we’re lucky if he can mow once every three weeks!)
10. Fall is my favorite season, and I’m happy to be at the beginning of it!
Those are my 10 – what are the things you love about September?
ETA: Cookie asked how long I’ve been working on these socks – well…since July 2010, at least. Oops.
…the one with all the wishing.
I was a vendor at the WEBS tent sale/fleece market on Saturday – it was a great day and was wonderful to see everyone! This photo shows my new booth setup, my new banner logo and my new vendor tent!
This week, our directive is ’10 Things You Wish You Liked’ – ready?
1. Stevia in coffee – I’ve been trying to lose weight with a low sugar/low carb ‘life change’ (I refuse to call it a diet – and so far it’s working) and I just can’t do Stevia in my morning coffee.
2. Riding in a car for more than 2 hours – we’re supposed to be going to Indiana this summer for Pyro Convention and I’m dreading the ride there and back. Hopefully a visit to Cedar Point will help break up the ride…
3. Exercise – I’m pretty sure my aversion to it has directly contributed to my gaining 20 lbs since my wedding. Well, that and ice cream. and cupcakes.
4. Tofu – I’d like to do less meat but I really do not like Tofu. I’ve tried and tried and I just can’t
5. Soy Milk – also something I’ve tried and I can’t get past the fact that I’m drinking plants. It doesn’t help that I live in a farming community and I’m surrounded by fields of soybeans so I can’t forget where the soy milk comes from.
6. It’s not that I wish I liked them, it’s more like I wish I didn’t have a fear of tall ceilings. It pretty much nixes most concerts, sporting events held indoors, anything held in a cavernous space (Stitches East was a test of my nerves), churches, airplane hangars, etc. And yes, I know this is an odd fear and yes, the sky is fine.
7. Same goes for heights. Even heights in movies freak me out – I almost had to leave the room during Mission Impossible 4
8. Talking on the Phone – I’m such an introvert, talking on the phone for more than 10 minutes makes me feel like my brain has been liquefied. It would be so much easier if I could handle a telephone conversation.
I give up, I’ve been trying to think of 2 more things for the past hour and I just can’t! So tell me, what are the things you wish you like?
I’m heading back to the sewing machine, this weekend is Massachusetts Sheep & Wool and my bags will be in the Spunky Eclectic booth – will I see you there?
…the one with all the Oscar Thoughts.
R doing the ‘let’s see if g-pa can get the baby to throw up’ thing. It’s his favorite new game. ;o)
This week, our directive is 10 Thoughts on This Years Oscars. Ready?
1. I know some people don’t like him, but I enjoyed Billy Crystal hosting.
2. I’m a Potter fan so I wasn’t happy to see Hugo win in those categories.
3. Was VERY happy to see Octavia win. I cried – did you?
4. Was also VERY happy to see Meryl Streep win. Also cried. ;o)
5. Colin Firth. ‘nuf said.
6. Was not a fan of Melissa McCarthy’s dress.
7. Angelina Jolie – someone needs to give that girl a cookie. Or a cheesecake. Something, before she wastes away to nothing.
8. Circ du Soleil was pretty cool!
9. What was up with that bow on Emma Stone?
10. Was it just me or did it seem to drag on a bit?
Those are mine – what are your thoughts on the Oscars this year?
…the one with all the things to do!
(pictured above, my new Jenny the Potter Holiday mug!) This week, our directive is ’10 Things You Have to Do Before Christmas/Hannukah/The Weekend’. Since I celebrate Christmas, my list is compiled of things I have to do before Sunday morning…ready?
1. The Fire Dept. holiday party is tonight and I’m pulling it all together so today I have to go get party platters, set up Christmas trees, hang stockings and lights and…and…yeah, I have a ton to do today alone. ;o)
2. Attend FD holiday party and try not to freak out about the stuff I forgot to do/didn’t have time to do before the party started.
3. Crank out a pair of Christmas socks for me! I have a skein of the Jimmy Beans Wool Lorna’s Laces Limited Edition December 2011 color ‘Ribbon Candy‘ all ready to go.
4. Wrap all the gifts – they’re all purchased with the exception of the stocking stuff but they’re not wrapped as of yet.
5. Buy stocking stuffers! ;o)
6. Take a moment to enjoy the season – I haven’t really done that yet.
7. Finish the Tiny Tea Leaves cardi I started for Winkie.
8. Add ‘Holiday Inn’ and ‘White Christmas’ to the hard drive so we can add that to the movie mix on Christmas Day.
10. Send out Christmas Cards! (these may turn into ‘New Year Cards’ ;o) )
Whew! I’d better get busy! I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday!