…because I am lame and took no photos yesterday.
Yesterday’s Thanksgiving feast was great (or so I was told…hey, I was good – I had one beer and one glass of wine), the table looked wonderful (thanks to Dobby and WB) and everyone got along. Except for the youngest, he didn’t feel so good and had a little meltdown. (His mom handled it well, though and he ended up calming down – thank God). Oh and Dobby only broke one chair and chipped one plate (that I know of…though there are a couple that look a bit suspect…)
1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere? Cooking at my house – I’ve done it for four (maybe five?) consecutive years now.
2. Do you buy a
fresh or frozen bird? Frozen. Believe it or not, I can never plan ahead enough to get a fresh one.
3. What kind of
stuffing? In past years I have used prepackaged croutons however, this year I decided to be daring and try making my own. It’s pretty awesome, if I do say so myself ;o)
4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie? Pumpkin. Hermetically sealed in a 1/2 inch thick layer of cool whip.
5.Â Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the
whole thing? The point. Tonight will be turkey croquettes – tomorrow turkey shepherd’s pie and after that? Who knows – the sky’s the limit, I have 15lbs of leftovers ;o)
6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu? That’s a good question….I’m guessing the crescent rolls. I forgot them one year…it wasn’t pretty.
7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? Yep – and I always forget about the soup in the freezer until a year later when I’m trying to find room for that years’ batch.
8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier? A heated dining room. We eat on our 3-season porch and it gets a little chilly. Ohwait preparing…uhm…another oven. Don’t laugh – we’ve actually discussed it.
9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? It depends on how late I stay up the night before and how frustrated I want to make my Dad (he gets pretty cranky if forced to wait more than an hour after he gets here…hi dad…)
10. If you go to somebody else’s house, what’s your favorite dish to bring? Don’t know – I’ve cooked most of my adult Thanksgivings…
11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn’t bring to your house? Okay this is going to make me sound like such a control freak – I don’t let people bring things. Other than cheese platters and my mom makes a ‘dairy free’ pumpkin pie for herself. So this question kinda doesn’t apply….ohshutup.
12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you’re happy to see? No. Comment. ;o)
13. What’s your absolute favorite thing on the menu? I could probably eat the entire 5 lbs of stuffing I made all by myself…
And Carole added this one:
14. What are you thankful for this year? My friends and family – including my ‘blogging friends’ who help me stay sane. I’m so very glad to have met so many wonderful people through this little piece of the web. :o)
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
So lets see if this post actually shows up in Bloglines. My feed has been FUBAR all week and they don’t seem to want to fix it. Or give me a straight answer. Yeah, this is my freedback.