…the one with all the reading. ;o)
(Did you know? I posted winners to the contest yesterday and so far have only heard from ONE of them? Is your name up there?)
This week, our directive is 10 Books You Would Recommend to a Friend. Most of my answers are going to be Book Series and not just one book – bucking the system, that’s me! Shocking, I know. ;o)
1. The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher – Harry Potter meets Dirty Harry. I’ve read this series through about…I think I’m on the fourth time. This is the first time I’ve been able to listen to them and I’ve gotta say, it’s made the books that much better. James Marsters does an AMAZING job narrating – his inflections breathe new life into Harry and his smartass comments. ;o)
2. Mercy Thompson – I recently found this series and seriously love it. The next book doesn’t come out until 2013 which is just criminal!
3. The Hollows/Rachel Morgan Series by Kim Harrison -another ass-kicking magical heroine.
4. The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning – omg loved these books, listened to them all in less than a week!
5. The Harry Bosch series by Michael Connelly – procedural mysteries, you learn to love Hieronymus Bosch throughout the books. He has many layers…like an onion. hehe
6. The Mickey Haller Series by Michael Connelly – procedural mysteries from the lawyer’s point of view. There’s a twist that connects these books to the Harry Bosch books but I’m not going to tell you what it is, you have to read them to find out for yourself! (and yes, I *loved* the movie!)
7. The Amelia Peabody Series by Elizabeth Peters – I love Egyptology (it was one of the things I wanted to study once upon a time) and I love the Victorian/Edwardian era – this mixes up the two.
8. The Stephanie Plum Series – R isn’t a big reader of books but when we go on a road trip (we try to every summer), we listen to the newest Plum book.
9. Magic Kingdom for Sale – SOLD! has been a favorite book of mine since I was a teen, it was one of the first ‘fantasy’ books I ever read. I re-read it almost once a year!
10. Jane Austen Mysteries by Stephanie Barron – I stumbled upon these a couple of years ago, they’re very entertaining if you are an Austen fan!
There are my 10! I wish I could list more – I listen to books quite a bit while I sew bags so I have read a LOT of books in the past few years. These 10 barely scratch the surface!
Now that you have an idea of what kind of books I like, do you have any suggestions for me?