…this past weekend but what I did make on the CSM is still pretty cool:
Fingerless mitts. How cool is that?! Last week I found the pattern here (you have to email and ask for it) and finally had time to sit and play on Saturday. FOUR. HOURS. (and one severe temper tantrum) later, I had these. They’re warm and squishy an have 10% cashmere and I love them.
Yarn: Hand Maiden Casbah (holy heart attack batman, I thought for sure that my machine would eat it just because it has cashmere in it); Colorway ‘Seastorm’
Gauge: uhm…the middle line on the machine using the 54 needle cylinder. I finished the thumb by transferring the stitches to a size 1 needle, knitting four rows of 1×1 rib, cast off and stitched the thumb together with the tail. I also transferred the top stitches to a size 1 needle and cast off that way. I could have cast off with the waste still attached with no transfer but I didn’t want to have to learn something else new, my brain couldn’t handle it at that point. ;op
In other NaKniSweMo news…St. Patrick did some major damage to my hands last night so he’s on time out. I think I have to try to do something a little less cable-y for this month’s challenge so I’m doing some quick thinking and stash diving. I still have 20 days so I’m not worried, the sweater I’m going to make is knit on 8s which is bigger gauge than my Olympic Sweater that I finished in 16 days AND that one had a hood.